Help installing on Linux server

1. Need to know if, using Slides, I can export an editable chart into PPTX.
  2. Need recommendations on a Java expert to help install PHP/JavaBridge and Aspose.

We have a Linux server running PHP and I want to use Aspose.Slides demo before purchasing license(s). This is a very tight timeline (about 1 week).

I have tried for hours to install Java, Tomcat and PHP/JavaBridge to no avail. Documentation is limited on PHP/JavaBridge.

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Please do the following steps to install PHP/JavaBridge and Aspose.

1. Install tomcat web server
  2. Download JavaBridge.war and copy/deploy to tomcat webapps folder. (Requires admin rights)
  3. Test http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge. This URL depends on the actual environment. It should show examples to test the PHP/Java Bridge installation.
  4. Create a test PHP page and put it in JavaBridge folder.
  5. Run test page located in JavaBridge folder to make sure that PHP/JavaBridge is configured successfully.

Installation and Configuration of Aspose.Slides for Java

1. Copy Aspose.Slides jar files in webapps/JavaBridge/WEB-INF/lib folder.

Please elaborate your problem statement. Do you want to embed a chart in PPTX file or some thing else?

I have a site with interactive online charting. What my users need is to be able to export these charts from those PHP pages to PPTX, not as images, but as editable MS chart objects in slides. If Aspose writes Office Open XML, the answer is yes.

• I have installed Tomcat and verified it’s running (don’t know if my config is correct, though)
  • I have JavaBridge.war, but have no idea how to look up what the webapps folder is

Net, if this suite of Aspose tools work, you’ll gain another long-time customer, because this functionality is all my users want above all else.

After further reading, it appears that the PHP5 Wrapper Classes only work with PPT '97-'03, at least based on the fact that the below article does not appear on the PPTX documentation:
Technical Articles > PowerPoint 97 – 2003 format (PPT) > Using PHP5 Wrapper Classes of Aspose.Slides for Java

Please verify. After all the work I’ve done to get Aspose running, it would be a shame to search for other solutions because Aspose doesn’t meet our needs.

Hi Angelo,

Please read this documentation link to export a chart in PPT file. Similarly, you can export chart object in PPTX file. Please read this documentation link for PPTX file.

Please use the Aspose.Slides for Java 2.7.0 and write some Java classes/methods to export chart in PPTX file and call these method in your PHP code.

Hope this answer your queries.