Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Help: Setting license in Classic ASP - Part 2

Hi,

I've been busy with other projects and now I'm back trying to use Aspose.Words again and I still haven't solved this problem which I posted about half a year ago: http://www.aspose.com/Community/forums/thread/48382.aspx

I've posted on Experts Exchange as well and one of them asked:

Is your COM+ app set up as a library application or a server application ?

test.asp:
<%
'---License file
Dim license
Set license = Server.CreateObject("Aspose.Words.License")
license.SetLicense "Aspose.Words.lic"
%>

test.vbs:
<%
'---License file
Dim license
Set license = CreateObject("Aspose.Words.License")
license.SetLicense "Aspose.Words.lic"
%>

test.vbs works and doesn't show any errors while if I browse to test.asp, it tells me createobject failed on the Server.CreateObject line.

I'm focusing on a project which will use Aspose.Words extensively so I need to solve this problem ASAP.

Thanks!

Try using FUSLOGVW utility to monitor the assembly binding. Its usage is described in the attached article. See if it helps. To help you further I need to setup Virtual PC with Windows 2003 and that can take quite some time. Also please post the full text of the error you are currently getting as there were several of them reported in your previous thread. Is it still 800401f3 ?

Best regards,

Is it still the error 800401f3 ?

Ok, try monitoring the server binding requests with FUSLOGVW utilty. Its usage is described in the attached article. Also try reregistering the assembly you are currently using by running the following command in command prompt:

regasm "C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Words\bin\Aspose.Words.dll" /codebase

The path should correspond to the assembly that is actually used in your application. It is even better copy it to application web dir and reregister it using the line like the above.

Hope this helps.

I also turned on IIS Authentication so I can can browse to the .asp file and when IIS authenticates me as administrator I should have all permissions and it’s still giving me this error so I doubt it has to do with permissions.

Server Object Error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/test_asp.asp, Line 6

800401f3

WHERE LINE 6 =

Set license = Server.CreateObject("Aspose.Words.License")

I executed:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\regasm "C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Words\bin\Aspose.Words.dll" /codebase

it says it successfully registered. Then I ran IISRESET and tried it again, still 800401f3 error...

Sorry, I don't have the FUSLOGVW utility so I can't monitor the binding requests. Hope you can set up your VPC setup soon.

The FUSLOGVW utility is attached. Try using it is the only mean of getting an actual caase of why you cannot bind the Aspose.Words assembly.

Another suggestion is to copy Aspose.Words.dll locally to your ASP application directory and register it to this location with REGASM as described in previous post.

Best regards,

My web application is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AsposeProject, so I copied Aspose.Words.dll over and regasm it but still no luck.

I think I will just learn ASP.NET and use it with Aspose.Words given all these difficulties. I've been wanting to learn ASP.NET anyway, now's the perfect excuse for learning it. Depends if I learn it faster or you figure out a solution with your Virtual PC / Win2003 Server setup.

Until then, add this problem to an episode of Unsolved Mysteries: ghosts, ufos, bermuda triangle and error 800401f3.

LOL, that was a good one Smile [:)]

Yes, migrating to ASP.NET maybe worth the while. The debugging is much simplier there, in addition to many other advantages.

I had the same problem come up randomly on my dev server.

I ran the installer and clicked repair. Then I restarted IIS. Problem solved.