High Memory Consumption during a PPTX Document Saving (C# .NET)

Hi Support,
We encountered a memory problem (high consumption) during the saving of a document.
I will attach a simple program to replicate the issue:
After the document opening, the memory is 250 MB, when the document is saved it reaches 1 GB.

Br,
Andrea Gasparin

NP-526.zip (938.1 KB)

@andreagasparin,

I have worked with the sample project shared by you and like to share that amount of memory consumed is dependent on size of presentation, number of slides and number of shapes inside slide especially multimedia contents and charts. Your presentation have considerable number of slides as well as chart contents inside it. When presentation is loaded its Document Object Model (DOM) gets loaded in memory and it involves loading of different statistics as well extraction of presentation in DOM. Additional memory is required upon saving or rendering the presentation as well. I hope the shared elaboration will be helpful.

Hi Mudassir,
I modified the “Input.pptx” keeping only the PowerPoint tables and the issue persist.
In my opinion, the management of PowerPoint table has a memory problem.
Please try again using the attached file.
Thanks

Input.zip (313.8 KB)

@andreagasparin,

I have worked with source files shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-41099 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate issue in detail. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41099) have been fixed in this update.

Has this problem been solved?I have the same problem.

@celerycabbage2022,
The issue SLIDESNET-41099 has already been resolved. If you are experiencing a similar problem please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides. If the issue persists, please create a new forum thread and share the following files and information there:

• input presentation file
  • code example that reproduces the problem
  • your measurement results or Performance Profiler report
  • OS version on which the problem occurs
  • .NET target platform in your app
  • Aspose.Slides version you used
  • any additional information about your environment

Then we will do our best to help you.