HIGHLIGHTS are converted to color boxes while converting from WORD to PPT using aspose

Hi Team,
I have purchased Aspose Total & I am using it in my project.
Team, I am using Aspose Latest DLLs to convert from Word doc to PPT presentation. The route that you suggested me do this conversion was to First Convert Word to PDF then convert PDF to PPT as there is no direct way to convert from Word to PPT.

The final generated PPT is quite good but has some issues.
The high priority issue is the Text Highlighting problem.
Highlighted Text in word report is not aligned properly in the final PPT. Also, the Highlighted Text is not actually highlighted in the PPT. Th output is like Text which is in front of a colored box. This makes it very very difficult for the end users to edit the PPT.

The code I am using is:-

public string ConvertWordToPPT(string path)
{
string wordReportName = path.Substring(0, path.LastIndexOf("."));
string fnameppt = wordReportName + “.pptx”;
using (Stream stream = File.OpenRead(path))
{
Aspose.Words.Document wordDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(stream);
wordDoc.UpdateFields();
//RemoveHyperlinks(wordDoc);
using (MemoryStream inStream = new MemoryStream())
{
wordDoc.Save(inStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);
using (MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream(inStream.ToArray()))
{
Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDoc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(pdfStream);
using (MemoryStream pptStream = new MemoryStream())
{
pdfDoc.Save(pptStream, Aspose.Pdf.SaveFormat.Pptx);
File.WriteAllBytes(fnameppt, pptStream.ToArray());
}
}
}

}
        return fnameppt;

Could you please look into this matter. I am sending you the attachments.

I converted word doc to ppt using the above code but the output is not satisfactory. Please see the PPT in the zip folder; n u will see that the highlights are not actually the highlights but they are Rectangles with color filled in them, which make it extremely difficult to edit.

Test.zip (775.7 KB)

@jayjain,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem during PDF to PPTX conversion. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-43613 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

@jayjain

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to inform you that earlier reported issue PDFNET-43613, has been resolved in latest version Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you face any issue, please feel free to contact us.

We verified the latest version of Aspose.Pdf 17.12. And found that the issue is Not Fixed.
The attachment contains the word document (steps to reproduce the issue) and the sample project. Attachment : Convert_Word_To_PPT_HIGHLIGHT_Issue.zip

@nagabk,

Kindly create a Zip of the demo project and source files, and then upload to any file sharer server, e.g. Google drive. You can share the download URL of Zip file in your post here.

As advised, added the Attachment in my above comments.

@nagabk,

You are using an old version 17.9.0 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API. Please download and try the latest version 18.1 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API.

After downloading the latest Aspose.Pdf 18.1 ver, found that the Fix works only for English language but not for Japanese Language.

Uploaded the Reproducible Steps and sample project code in this location: Convert Word To PPT HIGHLIGHT Issue - Ver 18_1.zip

@nagabk,

We managed to replicate the said error in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID PDFNET-44081 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Hi Team,
Could you please tell me the updates for PDFNET-44081. Please note that I have found out the issue in October 2017 and its 5 months now. I have been waiting a lot due to these issues and my delivery dates are delayed. Request you to please provide a solution asap.

Thanks
Jayesh

@jayjain,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44081 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We have logged an ETA request under the same ticket ID PDFNET-44081 in our issue tracking system. Please note, we recommend our clients to post their critical issues in the paid support forum. You can post this ticket ID in the paid support forum. Please refer to this help topic: Aspose - Paid Support Helpdesk

It has been identified and logged a month ago.

So this means that I have to buy paid support and simply post the ticket number there. Is that correct???

@jayjain,

Yes, you can escalate the priority by posting this ticket in the paid support forum.

Hi Team,
Could you please tell me the updates for PDFNET-44081. Please note that I have found out the issue in October 2017. I have been waiting a lot due to these issues and my delivery dates are delayed. Request you to please provide a solution asap.

Thanks
Jayesh

@jayjain,

The linked ticket ID PDFNET-44081 is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We have logged an ETA request under the same ticket ID PDFNET-44081, and it is difficult to share an estimate before the completion of the analysis phase. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-44081) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.9.