HorizontalMerge and saving .doc file does not work

I am currently evaluating the Aspose.Words 10.0 trieal…I have a very simple example with the code below. The first row should merge the 2 cells…it works if I save it out as a .docx file, but it does not work when I save it out as a .doc file.
I have Microsoft Office 2010 installed, so when I view the .doc/.docx files, it opens in Word 2010.
Any ideas/insight into this? Thanks!
Tejash

Dim doc As Document = New Document()
Dim builder As DocumentBuilder = New DocumentBuilder(doc)
builder.StartTable()
builder.InsertCell()
builder.CellFormat.Width = 100
builder.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.First
builder.Write("This is merged cells")
builder.InsertCell()
builder.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.Previous
builder.EndRow()
builder.InsertCell()
builder.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.None
builder.InsertCell()
builder.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.None
builder.EndRow()
builder.EndTable()
doc.Save("C:\test.doc")
doc.Save("C:\test.docx")

Hi Tejash,
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Any update on when this will be resolved? Or, do you know of a version where this bug does not exist?
Thanks,
Tejash

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 26962) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4734) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)