How can i copy from workbook with phonetic guide

The phonetic guide which copied the workbook using the following code disappeared.

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“F:\Book1.xlsx”);
Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook2 = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook();

workbook2.Copy(workbook);
workbook2.CopyTheme(workbook);
workbook2.Save(“F:\Book2.xlsx”);

What should I do?

Upload the sample file.
Book1.zip (7.4 KB)

and used Aspose.cells.dll version is 17.12.0.0

thank you.

@hwsong85,

Please upgrade to latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET and elaborate the problem with screenshots. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis as there does not appear any difference in output file Book2.xlsx.

used Aspose.cells.dll 18.9.0 latest from Nuget

1. original file screenshot
    book1.png (5.0 KB)

2. after save file screenshot
    book2.png (2.1 KB)

phonetic guide missing after copy and save

@hwsong85,

Phonetic string is not visible to us as in the screenshots shared by you. We have tried with MS Excel 2007, 2013 and 2016. Please provide the details of MS Excel on your side and environment details. Also share the steps how this string can be displayed in MS Excel.

i used two excel programs.

• Excel 2016 KOR ( Excel.exe 16.0.10827.20138)
  • Excel 2013 ENG ( Excel.exe 15.0.4569.1504 )

Maybe Phonetic is hidden in the English version.

Try the following methods

1. Select all cells
  2. Select Show Phonetic Field as shown in the attached figure ( before_click show_phonetic_field_menu.png )
  3. It will look like the attached figure. ( after_click show_phonetic_field_menu.png )

before_click show_phonetic_field_menu.png (22.3 KB)
after_click show_phonetic_field_menu.png (25.7 KB)

Thank you for your quick support.

@hwsong85,

Thanks for providing the steps and supporting images. I am afraid that I am still not able to observe Phonetics text. I tried to retrieve Phonetics information using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, however it also detects Phonetic.Visible flag as false and text as null for your sample file. Could you please verify again that have you sent us the correct file or not?

Assuming this is the correct file, I have saved its copy using Excel 2016 and MS Interop both. Please check both the following Excel files and inform if Phonetics information is still available or not. It may help us to narrow down the problem and provide our feedback.

book1SavedByExcel2016.zip (7.3 KB)
book1SavedByInterop.zip (7.3 KB)

The samples I uploaded are correct file.
i could see all the Phonetic Strings in the two Excel files ( book1SavedByExcel2016.xlsx, book1SavedByInterop.xlsx ) from Microsoft Excel 2016 KOR

book1SavedByExcel2016.xlsx.png (39.1 KB)
book1SavedByInterop.png (41.2 KB)

If you can not see the Phonetic String,
How about creating a sample?
Just type in the cell and select it, then click Edit Phonetic to fill in the string.

@hwsong85,

Thanks for providing the feedback. We cannot create a sample because our Excel versions do not show menu for Phonetics.

Although we were not able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for further analysis. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46378 - Phonetic guide missing after copy and save

@hwsong85,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@hwsong85,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.9.5

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46378) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.10. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi