We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How can I improve the quality of the slide view in TiffNotes?

When saving to stream with SaveFormat.TiffNotes I have the ability to specify output resolution using the TiffOptions object. This allows me to increase the resolution (and therefore quality) of the notes view, however the quality of the render of the slide itself does not improve, can this be configured also?

On a related matter, how can I set the size of the notes text? If there is a lot of notes text in this view it does not fit on and is truncated. How can I ensure it is scaled to fit? Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I have observed the requirement shared by you and request you to please share the sample presentation along with generated output. Please also share the sample code with us as well so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The following code will reproduce the two issues I am seeing as demonstrated with the attached sample files.

The first attached file is a higher resolution export of the slides with notes view, as you can see when compared to the second file the quality of the notes text is appreciably better when rendered in the first file. However when looking at the title slide in the first file although the text and image appear to be rendered using more pixels, it looks more as though the image of the slide has been upscaled from the default resolution. The text and image still retain much of the blockiness of the original and are not more crisp at the higher resolution export.

It is as though the slide is rendered to a raster at a fixed resolution before being inserted into the slide+notes view and then scaled to fit the overall resolution of the export.

The second issue as you can see is that on slide 2 the notes only render part of the text present on the slide. The text is rendered as far as the number 13 and the rest is truncated, leaving approximately a third of the text not visible.

Aspose.Slides.License lic = new License();
lic.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);

Presentation ps1;

using (FileStream fsin = new FileStream(“pptWithLotsOfNotesOnSlide.pptx”, FileMode.Open))
{
ps1 = new Presentation(fsin);
fsin.Close();
}

Aspose.Slides.Export.TiffOptions tiffOptions = new Aspose.Slides.Export.TiffOptions();

tiffOptions.ImageSize = new System.Drawing.Size(540, 720);

ps1.Save(“lowResolutionNotesExport.tif”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.TiffNotes, tiffOptions);

tiffOptions.ImageSize = new System.Drawing.Size(540 * 4, 720 * 4);

ps1.Save(“higherResolutionNotesExport.tif”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.TiffNotes, tiffOptions);

Hi Tom,

Thanks for sharing the elaborated scenario. I have observed the findings shared by you and have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35222 in our issue tracking system to address the high resolution issue for tiff shared by you. A separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-35223 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the missing text for slide 2 in generated Tiff notes.

This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,