How can one access Named Range comments with Aspose.Cells?

Just a quick question. In Excel, each named range can have a comment. Is this comment accessible through the Aspose API?
Thanks
Shan

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I think you are talking about MS Excel 2007 named ranges feature where one can attach comments to the defined Names. I am afraid, the feature is not available, we will look into it soon. Your feature request has also been added to our issue tracking system with an issue id CELLSNET-11225.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad, that’s correct, thanks

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have added Name.Comment property for your requirement.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad, thank you for adding this to your API, that was quick! I have tried it out however and it doesn’t work with some Excel files. So I created a new blank Excel file, and it worked great.

But it seems for larger Excel files perhaps there’s an issue. I’ll send you a private email with the Excel file that I’ve found the issue with.
Thanks
Shan

Hi,

We have received your template xls file.

Well, since your file is an xls file and this is a MS Excel 2007 oriented, so you will get null for the xls name’s comment. But, if you could save your file as xlsx, it works. The feature is available for MS Excel 2007 xlsx files.

Anyways, we will further investigate your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, We have supported to read and write the comments of the defined names.

Please let us know if it works fine for your template files.

Thank you.

Hi. Is this feature available on the Java version of Aspose Cells? I can’t find a getComment() method in the Range class.

It wold be great if you could add this feature in the Java version too.

Thanks!

I found where the comments is, I’ve got a little confused, the “comment” is in the “Name” class and not on the “Range” class.

So one can get the name using:

workbook.getWorksheets().getNames().get(range.getName()).getComment()

Nevertheless, a getComment() in the Range class would be useful as well.

Hi,

Yes, the method getComment is already added to the Name class similar to our .NET version’s Name class, see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Name

Thank you.