How define a specific name for a Certification-Field or. Target a SignatureFiled on the certification process

Hello!

Today i tried to certifiy & sign a document.
If i sign a document i am able to define a target SignatureField-Name.
As described in the documentation for multibe signatures (Article).

Example:
	FormEditor editor = new FormEditor(“input.pdf”, “WithSignatureFields.pdf”);
//add signature field
editor.AddField(FieldType.Signature, “Fieldname1”, 1, 10, 10, 110, 110);

//later - targetoing that field:
	pdfSign.Sign(Fieldname1, “Signature Reason”, “John”, “Kharkov”, new Pkcs1Signature(“test.pfx”, “password”));

I wonder if this is possible for a “Certification-Signature-Field” too?
Because the .Certify() - Method does not provide such a parameter.

After certifying, if i open the document with AdobeReader,
i can see that the name of the certification-signature-field has the default name which
aspose provides for signatureFields by default (in my case: “Signature1”).

So how can i define a name for this Field? Is it possible?

Thanks!!

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid I am unable to understand your requirement. We will appreciate it if you please share some details along with code and input/output document. We will look into it and will guide you accordignly.

Furthermore, if you want to certify the signature then you need to use PdfFileSignature.VerifySignature() method to check the validity of signature. Also PdfFileSignature.SetCertificate() is available to set certificate file and password for signing routine.

Best Regards,
Hi and thank you for your response!

Short: What i try to achieve is to identify if a PDF-Document was probably certified by "my" software before.

In a PDF-Document, every signature field has a name, this name is also readable for the end user in Acrobat-Reader too.
Aspose.PDF allows me to define a name for such a field - but not at the "Certify()" process.
For the certify process a default name gets assigned by aspose (somewhere hardcoded??).

Please take a look at the attached image, may you understand what i mean.
The first signature was added by certifying the document by using the method: Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileSignature.Certify()
further signatures have been added by Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileSignature.Sign()

Sign() allows to target a explicit fieldname, which has been added before with Aspose.Pdf.Facades.FormEditor.AddField(Aspose.Pdf.Facades.FieldType.Signature, "LOOK_MY_CUSTOM_NAME", 1, 10, 10, 110, 110);

Certify() does not provide such a parameter... a default name (same as if i dont assign one for Sign()) is used by Aspose.

So is it possible to add a signature filed with a csutom name, and target that field for the Certify()-Process later?

Best regards
Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. I am looking into it and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi!

Thanks, - I just want to know i you come further on this?

Best Regards
Johannes

Hi Johannes,

I am sorry for the delayed response. After initial investigation, I have logged an enhancement ticket PDFNEWNET-40670 for your requirements. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress in this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-40670) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 21.10.