How do you turn off word wraping in a tablecell?

Aspose.pdf.dll 3.6.2.0

I would like to be able to turn off word wrap functionality in a table when the text that is placed inside of a cell is wider than the cell itself.

I would expect the text to just be chopped off, instead the text is wrapped to a new line, causing the overall table height to expand.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Hello Steve,

Sorry for replying you late.

I'm afraid the feature of controlling the Text wrapping inside table cell is currently not supported. So, for the sake of correction, I've logged it as PDFNET-12953 in our issue tracking system. We will investigate this requirement in detail and will keep you updated on the status of a implementation.

We apologize for your inconvenience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This appears to be more related to a Text object in general rather than a Text object inside a Cell.

May I suggest adding a NumberOfLinesToWordWrap property on a Text object? It would be beneficial if you could also control the max number of lines that the text wrapped.

Hello Steve,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sorry for replying you late. In fact I've been discussing the feasibility of your requirement with development team.

As per your original requirement, you want to have an option that can be used to turn off the text wrap, so that when the text placed inside table cell is greater than cell's width, the text must not wrap to the next line, (preserving the table/cell height). Well, chopping off the text horizontally in order to keep table cell's height. It does not seem to be some attractive feature.

Besides this, we are working on another issue that supports fixed row height of table’s cell. The Text will be wrapped as usual, however the contents that overflow the table cell's height, will automatically be cut off, in order to keep the table cell's height.

It looks like chop off text vertically and it is generally used in MS Word.

Please let us know if it can fulfill your requirement or in case you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12953) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)