How does the office to pdf libraries deal with office files if they have a virus?

Does anyone know what will happen if the office file I try to convert to a PDF contains a virus? Will the conversion process trigger the virus?
Thanks,
Tai

Dear Tai,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

No virus will be triggered during the creating PDF process. Please post your question in the office related forum to know if the virus can be triggered when processing the office file before creating PDF.

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for the quick reply. I don’t plan on doing any pre-processing of the office file when it comes in, just convert it to a PDF. So I just want to make sure that this conversion process will not trigger the virus if the office file has one. I don’t want to have to install a anti-virus and scan every file that comes in just so I can convert it to a PDF.
Thanks,
Tai

Dear Tai,

Sorry for not making it clear. Aspose.Pdf is used to create PDF and currently it does not support converting office file to PDF directly. Our current solution is using other component such as Aspose.Cells to convert the office document into XML and converting the XML into PDF by Aspose.Pdf. I think the virus can only be triggered in the first process so I suggest you to ask in the office related forum.