How many document can ASpose handle in one program

Hi I’ve 1000 documents to convert to excel, but I can see from the trial version, that Apose can’t handle more than 10 documents in the memory, it consumes 16 GB of RAM.

so how many documents that dispose can handle in one program

@mrabie

There is no such limitation in the API in terms of number of documents to be processed. Can you please share the code snippet that you are using to convert PDF to Excel along with one or two sample files with us? We will create multiple copies of it and let you know about our testing results.

PS: Please try to evaluate the API performance using a 30-days free temporary license.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(pdfPath);
ExcelSaveOptions options = new ExcelSaveOptions();

// Set output format
            options.Format = ExcelSaveOptions.ExcelFormat.XLSX;
            // Save output file
            pdfDocument.Save("Path", options);
            options.CloseResponse = true;
            pdfDocument.FreeMemory();

pdfDocument.Dispose();

@mrabie

The code snippet looks fine and we are assuming that you are calling this code snippet inside a loop. However, can you please confirm if you have tried using the API with a valid license as well? Also, please share one or two sample source files for our reference as well so that we can run tests in our environment as well and address it accordingly.

I’m using the code snippet inside loop with 1 by 1, and I’ve the 30 days trial license only.

@mrabie

We tested the scenario in our environment with random files and could not notice any issues. As requested earlier, it could be related to specific type of files. Can you please share one or two sample files for our reference so that we can test the scenario again and address it accordingly.

here is the documents I’m trying to convert
the application hang and use most of the memory on 10 documents

specific those two files, the extractor failed to extract them and save them to excel

@mrabie

We were able to reproduce issue in our environment with these two files. Hence, following tickets have been logged in our issue tracking system for further investigation:

• PDFNET-52876
  • PDFNET-52877

We will look into details of the ticket and let you know as soon as they are resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-52877) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.11.