How to add activex control in ppt using Aspose 7.1.1?

Hi Mohit Garg,

Thanks for your growing interest in Aspose.Slides.

For your inquiry related to time estimation related to providing support for ActiveX control, I like to share that the feature is messing in Aspose.Slides for .NET as well. It will first be implemented in Aspose.Slides for .NET and will be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java in next subsequent product release. We have scheduled the issue for initial investigation during this week. I will be able to share the possible time frame with you in this regard hopefully by end of this week.

Secondly, I also like to share that apart from subscription of Aspose.Slides which includes free support, we also offer paid priority and enterprise support. For more details about paid support, please visit the following web links.

For more details in this regard, I would suggest you to please make an inquiry in Aspose.Sales forum and you can also have a live chat session with our sales team by using the Live Chat option on bottom right corner of this thread.

Many Thanks,

What about using this Video ActiveX (http://www.videocapx.com/) thing? I try it long time ago, but still use it sometimes, nice pice of software…

Hi Nikoli,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in this thread. However, I am unable to comment on the shared product link as it lies out side of Aspose.Slides support domain.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

The original poster of this thread, Mohit Garg, is a contractor for my organization. I just tried to get some information from a chat with sales on this topic and they couldn’t tell me anything.

Do you have any additional information you can share re the availability of this feature?

We really want to purchase Aspose.Slides for Java but management wants to know if this feature is on your road map and for approximately what time frame as this is a feature we will certainly need - if not now, in the current year or so.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

-Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Our development team is investigating the possibility of implementing the desired feature. I will share the feedback with you as soon as the response will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

While testing the creation of ppt on Mac we have found this new issue.This issue is not there in windows version.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find resource ‘/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf’.

I have seen similar problem in these two places by some other posters.

1.) java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find resource '/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf'. with Aspose slides 3.0.0 for Java (Linux only)

2.) PPTX convert to pdf

Aren’t these fixed yet ? If no how long it will take to get this issue fixed.

Thanks and Regards
Mohit Garg

Hi Mohit Grag,

I have observed the issue shared along with the threads shared by you. Actually, things working in Windows and not in Mac is related to missing fonts. What I suggest you is to copy the fonts in Windows environment to your Mac system and then use FontLoader class of Aspose.Slides for Java to access the copied fonts directory in Mac. Please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 on your end with the mechanism shared. Please visit this thread link for your convenience and share with us if there is any further I may help you.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for quick reply Mudassir, but we need to deploy our application on different user systems.If this font issue prevails on different Systems, the above solution which you have specified may not be feasible.

Can we have a working solution from your side where all the fonts Aspose is using is present in the Aspose library itself ?

Thanks again

Hi Mohit Grag,

Can you please share the sample presentation that is getting exported to PDF in Windows environment but failing to get exported in Mac environment. I like to share that in order to avoid issue you may please try installing the used fonts in MAC environment. Please also share the list of fonts installed in MAC environment as it will be helpful in narrowing down the issue. Please also share which MAC Osx you are using along with JDK version. I have also suggested you to please give a try to Aspose.Slides for Java 7.2.0 as well on your end before sharing the requested information.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for you responses. I am Mohit's colleague.

We are using JDK 7. We have tried Aspose slides 7.2.0 and now we are getting the following exceptions on MAC OSX 10.0.6.

We are not exporting ppt to pdf. We are just creating ppts using Aspose.

[ com.aspose.slides.c.a.e.ab ] exceptionclass com.aspose.slides.c.a.e.ab: exception ---> java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
com.aspose.slides.c.b.a.c.c.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.c.b.a.c.c.if(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.c.b.a.c.c.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.c.a.e.z.seek(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.int(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.if(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.(Unknown Source)
org.mvp.powerpoint.PresentationCreation.createPresentation

Can you suggest what this exception means.

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

Please share the sample code with us witch which you are getting the shared exception. I will observe the same on my end and will create the ticket for that in our issue tracking system. Please also share the source presentation if there is any.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Here is the code that we are using. We are getting error on the very first line new PresentationEx().

This is not working on Windows as well with release build i.e when running from jar executable.

Exception on Windows : invalid SHA1 signature file digest for com/aspose/slides/Collections/Generic/c.class

ppt = new PresentationEx();

LoadOptions lo = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto);
lo.setDefaultRegularFont("Arial");
lo.setDefaultAsianFont("Arial");
lo.setDefaultSymbolFont("Arial");

For loop for number of slides to create

{

SlidesEx slide = ppt.getSlides();
int slideno = slide.addClone(ppt.getSlides().get_Item(0));
SlideEx sld = ppt.getSlides().get_Item(slideno);
int posImages = 0;

ImageEx imgx = ppt.getImages().addImage(image);

// Add Picture Frame with height and width equivalent of Picture
int iPictureIndex = sld.getShapes().addPictureFrame(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle,
positionImage[posImages][0], positionImage[posImages][1],
positionImage[posImages][2], positionImage[posImages][3],
imgx);

PictureFrameEx picFrame = (PictureFrameEx)sld.getShapes().get_Item(iPictureIndex);
AutoShapeEx ashp = (AutoShapeEx) sld.getShapes().get_Item(iTextIndex);
ashp.setUseBackgroundFill(false);//getFillFormat().setFillType(1);
// Add TextFrame to the Rectangle
ashp.addTextFrame("Image-" + iImageIndex);
ashp.setWidth(100);
ashp.setHeight(20);

}

ppt.write(pathPpt);

Hi Mudassir,

FYI : We are using Aspose slides in JavaFx applications. May be Aspose is not compatible with JavaFx.

The latest JavaFx is included in JDK 7U21. Can you confirm that Aspose works well with JavaFx applications.

Do you want JavaFx sample application to test this ??

We are struggling using Aspose slides from long time.

Any help from you will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I have observed the code snippet and used it on my end using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 in Windows 7 environment. I have not been able to observe the issue specified. I am using JDK 1.6_35. Please use the specified version on your end for further investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your support. We have found the solution.

Actually net beans ide was modifying aspose.slides-7.2.0.jar file and that was the reason for these shared exceptions.

Now we are back to another problem which we were facing prior to these exceptions.

"The font problem" on MAC. Cannot find resource '/Aspose/Resources/GenBasR.ttf'

This is still not fixed in aspose aspose.slides-7.2.0.jar.

We are using the above shared code and aspose.slides-7.2.0.jar but still getting this error. Can you guide us how to get rid of this exception. Asking client to install fonts prior to using aspose slides doesn't seems a good approach.

Thanks

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I have observed the issue and like to share that we have already added an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33790 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. I would request you to please share the source presentation with us for which you are getting the mentioned font exception. I have linked this thread with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

We are using aspose to create presentation from scratch. We are not using any existing presentation (source) to create the new one.

Can you tell approximate time to resolve the Font issue ?

Thanks

Jatinder Kumar

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I like to share that I have raised the priority of the issue. The issue is still awaiting investigation and as soon as it will be scheduled for investigation and feedback will be shared by our development team, I will share the time line for resolution with you. I will really appreciate your patience till the time our development schedule and investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Any update on this. We are blocked at this point.

Hi Jatinder Kumar,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue SLIDESJAVA-33780 related to adding support for adding ActiveX from scratch in presentation has been resolved in upcoming release Aspose.Slides for Java 7.4.0, which is expected to be released early next month. The issue SLIDESJAVA-33790 is still unresolved and I have requested the concerned developer to share the updated status. I will share the feedback with you for the issue status as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,