How to add watermark for Office files and pdf files under Sharepoint 2007/2010 using "Aspose Total for Sharepoint"?

As title,

Can it be possible (maybe via minor coding based on your API), to do that?

If positive, can you share some code snippet for that?

I am now evaluating your product, and the answer is important for me to make decision.

Thank you~

Regards,

grchen168

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. We have a product name Aspose.Pdf for .NET which provides the capabilities to add watermark to an existing PDF document but I am not afraid currently we don’t have any product that can be used with SharePoint to add watermark. May be you can think of some workaround where you first add the watermark to PDF document and then upload it to SharePoint server. I am not sure if it will work for you but just a thought. You may consider visiting the following link for information on Working with Stamps and Watermarks. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products. You can insert watermarks into MS Word documents using Aspose.Words. Please follow the link for more information:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-add-a-watermark-to-a-document.html

Best regards,

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells team. Using Aspose.Cells for .NET, you can add word art / watermark to Excel spreadsheets, see the sample code below for your reference:

// Add Watermark
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
Worksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

Aspose.Cells.Drawing.Shape wordart = sheet.Shapes.AddTextEffect(MsoPresetTextEffect.TextEffect1,
“CONFIDENTIAL”, “Arial Black”, 50, false, true
, 18, 8, 1, 1, 130, 800);

MsoFillFormat wordArtFormat = wordart.FillFormat;
wordArtFormat.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;
wordArtFormat.Transparency = 0.9;
MsoLineFormat lineFormat = wordart.LineFormat;
lineFormat.IsVisible = false;
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\outputFile.xls”);

Thank you.

Thank you all for related replies.

I know , using your individual products (especially for .NET) that you can demonstrate adding watermark programmatically on related document format (ex: doc,ppt,xls, pdf....)

But, I just want to know ,using your Aspose Sharepoint related product, what will be your recommended solution for the following requirement :

Client put files into Sharepoint doc lib, and when the files is , thru Sharepoint UI, opened for viewing by authorized users, then I wish that I can ,on the Sharepoint server side, on-the-fly apply watermarking on the document file under request. (Note: the original file is still stored under Sharepoint doc lib, not NOT watermarked)

Is the above requirement be implemented using your Aspose Total for Sharepoint? If not, what will be your suggested solution?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We are planning to introduce a new component named Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint and I have logged this requirement as PDFSHP-30848 in our issue tracking system under new features list. Our development team will further look into the details of this requirement and see if we can support this feature or not. We will definitely keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi, Friends at Aspose,

W.r.t. watermark for Office files (ex: doc, ppt,xls) , using your related .NET components, it seems achievable. It is great.

But I have one further question: while watermark added programmatically by using your related components, Can I prevent documants user/receiver to remove the watermark (via their MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel applications) while the users received the document file?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Hi,

Well, I don’t think there is any direct or specific feature/option available in MS Excel that would prevent the word art shape to be edited, if you know let us know. I think for your need, you may try to protect worksheet, so the user cannot edit even cells data, see the documents for reference:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/protecting-worksheets.html
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/advanced-protection-settings-since-excel-xp.html

Hi Chen,

In the above posts, my colleagues have shared the samples which can help you add watermarks to various files. I would like to add that you may use these components in SharePoint using SharePoint Services.

Please have a look into the following blog post for details and the related video tutorial to get you started quickly. Based on this tutorial, you may use any component inside SharePoint to add not only watermarks but other features as well

Using Aspose.Total for .NET with SharePoint for File Creation and Manipulation.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can protect Word documents to prevent removing content from it:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/protecting-documents.html

Best regards,

Thank you for all your instant reply.

Your support is excellent, period.

While evaluating your products, I would like to know:

Is there any promo price that you can offer if I decide to buy both Aspose Total for .NET and Sharepoint?

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, you need to contact Aspose.Sales team, please post a query into Aspose.Purchase forum, one of our sales staff member will help you soon:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Thank you.

Hi,

Just wanted to share that before your purchase our product, you may also request a Temporary License for 30 days. Please visit the following link for information on how to Get a temporary license.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Watermark on sharepoint programmatically