How to bind the date when send mail (VB .NET)

Hi sir,

I send to mail to my account i update the date current date and sender name also like  this

Dim mapiMsg As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(copyfolder + “” + dynamicFilename + “.msg”)
'mapiMsg.SetMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNMODIFIED)
'Dim ms As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream()
mapiMsg.ClientSubmitTime = DateTime.Now
mapiMsg.SenderName = FirstUseReg.GetValue(“Emailaddress”)
'getemailft(FirstUseReg.GetValue(“Emailaddress”))
mapiMsg.SenderEmailAddress = FirstUseReg.GetValue(“Emailaddress”)
mapiMsg.Save(copyfolder + “” + dynamicFilename + “.msg”)
Dim mapiMsg1 As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(copyfolder + “” + dynamicFilename + “.msg”)
mapiMsg1.SetMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNMODIFIED)
mapiMsg1.Save(copyfolder + “” + dynamicFilename + “.msg”)
after i save the message.

But the date not display it display none

I need solution for this ASPA

Screenshot_1.png (19.8 KB)
Screenshot_1.png (19.8 KB)

@senthilnathan,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please try using latest Aspose.Email for . NET 20.4 on your end. In case there is still an issue then please share the source file along with generated MSG file and MS Outlook version used on your end.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Thaks for ur reply same issue not resolve in new version also. i send the msg file

ms outlook version
image.png (5.8 KB)

Screenshot_2.png (3.0 KB)
27May2020083950.zip (3.2 KB)

@senthilnathan,

Thank you for sharing the information. Can you please share the source file that you have used in your sample code.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

what is status I send the rar file. I write the code in " AdxOutlookAppEvents1.ItemSend " in this event.

27May2020104114.zip (3.1 KB)

@senthilnathan,

I have worked with sample code and source file shared by you. I have then opened the saved MSG files in MS Outlook 2019 and have not been able to observe any issue. I used Aspose.Email for .NET 20.4 on my end.

Public Shared Sub TestMSGDate()
    Dim copyfolder As String = "C:\Users\mudas\Downloads\27May2020104114 (2)\27May2020104114\"
    Dim mapiMsg = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(copyfolder & "27May2020104114.msg")
    mapiMsg.SenderName = "Emailaddress"
    mapiMsg.SenderEmailAddress = "Test@gmail.com"
    mapiMsg.Save(copyfolder & "Test.msg")
    Dim mapiMsg1 As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(copyfolder & "Test.msg")
    mapiMsg1.Save(copyfolder & "Test2.msg")
End Sub

Saved.zip (6.0 KB)

@mudassir.fayyaz U can convert that mail i send, but u can send mail from u on that date not come and that mail store in local storage u open that mail date not come pls check.

Note:

Pls send mail from send button click not converts.

@senthilnathan,

I am sorry, I didn’t get your words properly. If I have understood right, I have used the same sample code and same source file that you have shared with me. I only tested that using Aspose.Email 20.4 on my end and shared the resultant MSG files and snapshot too where there is no issue observed. Can you please open the MSG files that I have shared with you and see if you are able to observe dates or not. If you are still unable to see the date part in my MSG files too, then please provide the MS Outlook version that you are using on your end so that we may verify that on our end too.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks for ur reply it work in outlook 2013,but in outlook 2010  not work same problem above i say. pls reply ASPA.

@senthilnathan,

I have observed that now issue is centric to opening MSG file in MS Outlook 2010. A ticket with ID EMAILNET-39845 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be addressed.

@mudassir.fayyaz ,

what is the status for this "EMAILNET-39845"

@senthilnathan,

We have invetigated the issue further for verifying the Send Date in Outlook 2010. Unfortunately, we could not reproduce issue on our end for Outlook 2010 too. We used Outlook 2010 by default but can’t see any issue with send date.

Can you please confirm, if you have used the same code that we suggested because we saw on forum the one of your sentence which we couldn’t understand:

“what is status I send the rar file. I write the code in " AdxOutlookAppEvents1.ItemSend " in this event.”

We are willing to investigate it further and for that that please provide sample Visual Studio test project (not code sample pasted) with source, output MSG files and screenshot in Outlook (both files) on your end.

@mudassir.fayyaz

Thanks for ur reply it work in outlook 2013,but in outlook 2010 and 2007  not work same problem above i say. pls reply ASPA customer is chasing me please send solution.

@senthilnathan,

As I have shared that in MS Outook 2010 we have not been able to reproduce this issue. You never mentioned about Outlook 2007 before as well. As, I shared before that we are willing to investigate and resolve this issue and for that we requested following information.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

I send the version of outlook 2010 and outlook 2007 and same sources file above i send and code also same.

Note : **
** Pls send solution ASPA

outlook7.png (55.1 KB)
outlook10.png (4.9 KB)

@senthilnathan,

As requested earlier, please provide the information in following form. We agree that you did provide the sample and we did work over that but it failed to reproduce issue on our end first in MS Outlook 2019, 2013 and later in 2010 as well. So, I request you to please provide the information in following form.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Same code i use for all ms outlook 2013, 2010 and 2007

Dim mapiMsg As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(copyfolder + "\" + dynamicFilename + ".msg")
            'mapiMsg.SetMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNMODIFIED)
            'Dim ms As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream()
            mapiMsg.SenderName = FirstUseReg.GetValue("Emailaddress")
            'getemailft(FirstUseReg.GetValue("Emailaddress"))
            mapiMsg.SenderEmailAddress = FirstUseReg.GetValue("Emailaddress")
            mapiMsg.Save(copyfolder + "\" + dynamicFilename + ".msg")
            Dim mapiMsg1 As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(copyfolder + "\" + dynamicFilename + ".msg")
            mapiMsg1.Save(copyfolder + "\" + dynamicFilename + ".msg") 

For 2013 the send date display, but in 2010 and 2007 not display with new dll pls send reply ASPA.

sample file.zip (3.1 KB)

@senthilnathan,

Thank you for sharing the information. I am afraid this is not the information I have requested and you have already provided this information which failed to reproduce issue on our end. As requested earlier, please provide information in following form.

• Visual Studio Sample project (NOT Simple code snippet) reproducing issue on your end
  • Source MSG file (You have already shared in your previous post)
  • Generated MSG file that has been created after processing source file
  • Screenshot in Outlook (both source and generated files) on your end
  • Exact version of MS Outlook 2010 and 2007

For your convenience, I have attached the sample VB project, snapshot of Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007 on our end. It’s evident, there is no issue reproduced. Can you please also check your region
and format of DateTime on your machine. We have used Windows 10 on our end.

ConsoleAppDate.zip (3.5 MB)

2010.png (43.6 KB)
2007.png (46.5 KB)

@mudassir.fayyaz

I write the code in " **AdxOutlookAppEvents1.ItemSend** " in this event.  using addin express  but u send simple from local sub folder and save another msg file

I send the sample code vb

sample code.zip (677 Bytes)

already send version

Screenshot in Outlook (both source and generated files) on your end

2010.png (117.1 KB)

**Note : **

** Pls send the reply ASPA i need the code in AdxOutlookAppEvents1.ItemSend.**

@senthilnathan,

If I am right, you are using one of add in express component on your end and intend to use Aspose.Email in your application. If this right, unfortunately, we may not ensure how our API work in their environment. As far as Aspose.Email API is concerned, the same VB code that we have shared with you works perfectly normal in normal VB .NET application.

Unfortunately, we don’t have the environment you are specifying and we cannot manage that on our end as there is no trial version available for the same too. Therefore, we will be needing your help in investigating issue in your environment now.

As a starting point, can you please share the feedback of using sample code.zip directly without using AdxOutlookAppEvents1 on your end and share the behavior with us that if the output is observed correctly in MS Outlook 2010 and 2007.

• If the generated output is correct for MS Outlook 2010 and 2007 in this test then it is not an issue with Aspose.Email.
  • However, If the output is not correct even using Aspose.Email using sample code.zip, then it is API working issue in your environment.

Unfortunately, we may not help you regarding add in express component as it is beyond scope of our API too. We cannot buy license for addin express as well for this case. If you are able to provide us the access to addin express component along with a sample application, we are keen to help you.