Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to check LoadFormat from Word 6.0 document?

Hello,

I am searching a way, if it is possible, to correctly trap the content version of each Word file that I am opening with com.aspose.words library.

This is working for most of the case, except Word 6.0… I have this kind of result:
"
Document LoadFormat value : 10 constante Word 6 = 12
Document LoadFormat value with document objcet : 10 constante Word 6 = 12
Microsoft Word 97-2003 document.
"
Based on my current code (sample):

String filepath=“C:\Temp\test.doc”;

Document document = new Document(filepath);

FileFormatInfo info = FileFormatUtil.detectFileFormat(filepath);

System.out.println("Document LoadFormat value : " + info.getLoadFormat() + " constante Word 6 = "+ LoadFormat.DOC_PRE_WORD_60);

System.out.println("Document LoadFormat value with document objcet : " + document.getOriginalLoadFormat() + " constante Word 6 = "+ LoadFormat.DOC_PRE_WORD_60);

I’ve tested with versions : 18.4 and 18.6 (that my license has been renewed as well :)). But… same result… I never get the LoadFormat.DOC_PRE_WORD_60 in my check.

Do you have limitation ? Or advise to have this check done correctly with com.aspose.words lib?

Thank you for your help !

@vparent,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please make sure that you are using Word 6 or Word 95 file format. If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.