Generating slide thumbnail (Android via Java)

Hi,

I'm able to get the total slides of the .ppt file.
So,i want to convert that slide into .jpg format.
Is it possible to convert slide in .jpg format?

I'm using Android studio as IDE.

Thank you.

Hi Pratibha,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirement and regret to share that at present the support for exporting presentation to slide images is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Android. An issue with ID SLIDESANDROID-19 has already been added in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

For the time being, I suggest you to use Aspose.Cloud API that provides better support for working with presentation decks using cloud platform.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Muhammad,
If there is problem for converting slide into .jpg format.
Is it possible to convert that slide into any other image format?
I have tried to convert it in .svg format but the problem is that when the image is created ,it does not contain any content.

UPDATE

I am trying to convert the ppt into image with aspose.cloud lib but i am getting a network on main thread exception. I added the internet permission in the manifest file and calling an async task in which i have called the following methods:

saveAPowerPointSlideAsImageWithDefaultSize(src,0,ValidSlidesFormats.jpeg,“a”,dataDir+"/",“Android”);
where src is the path of my ppt file, “a” is the name of the image to be generated and “Android” is the existing folder where i want to save my generated image.

Its giving me a file not found exception. Are the images saved only on the cloud?

Hi Pratibha,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that the issue SLIDESANDROID-19 is not just logged for support of jpg format but for the support of generating slide thumbnail in different image formats. For the problem with svg format, I request you to please create a separate post with all the details and data to reproduce the issue so that we may help you on this accordingly.

About generating the thumbnail of a slide with Cloud, as explained in this documentation article . The source file needs to be uploaded to cloud, before calling this method, the first argument of method is name of file. The response contains the resulting image on local disk.

I hope this will clarify the concept. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESANDROID-19) have been fixed in this update.

Dear notifier

Could you please list which class i should access to convert slides to jpeg ?

@arunjith,

I suggest you to please visit this documentation link for rendering slides to image using Aspose.Slides for Android via Java.