We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to convert PPT slides into .svg formate

Hi,
I have to convert PPT slides into .svg formate or any other image formate.
For that i’m creating new project and add “aspose.slides-1.1.0.jar” in lib folder.
And writing the following lines in OnCreate().

File file, dataDir;
dataDir = new File(String.valueOf(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory()));
String src = dataDir + “/TestPPT.pptx”;

try {
//Opening the presentation file by passing the file path to the constructor of Presentation class
PresentationEx presentationEx = new PresentationEx(src);

//Access the first slide
SlideEx sld = presentationEx.getSlides().get_Item(0);

System.out.println(“Total slides:”+presentationEx.getSlides().getCount());

}
catch (Exception e)
{
System.out.println(“Error”+e);
}

When i run this code then it will gives me following error:

" Uncaught translation error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Uncaught translation error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
2 errors; aborting
Error:Execution failed for task ‘:app:transformClassesWithDexForDebug’.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process ‘command ‘/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java’’ finished with non-zero exit value 1"
So,for that i’m adding following code into the ‘build.gradle’,

dexOptions {
javaMaxHeapSize “4g”
}

then it will build successfully.But,when i debug that code
the debugger doesn’t do anything(stop) when it comes this line:

I’m using Android studio as IDE.
Can you please tell me what is the actual problem for this.

Thank you.

Hi Pratibha,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared b you and like to share that you may please need to increase the heap size on your end and also the amount of memory consumed is dependent on size of presentation and content inside that. Moreover, at the moment you can only load presentations, work with presentation and save presentations only using Aspose.Slides for Android. At present there is no rendering support available in Aspose.Slides for Android and for that reason you may not export the presentation to PDF, render slide images or SVGs.

I suggest you to please try exploring Aspose.Slides for Cloud API which offers the SDK even for Android platform. The cloud API let you work with presentation and also rendering of slides to different image formats as well as SVG.

Many Thanks,

Thanks Mudassir for your quick response.

I’m not getting one thing that when i debug the code then, why the following line will not get execute?
This is also the problem of lib with android studio?

And the problem with Aspose.Slides for Cloud API is that we must have to 1st save the images on the cloud then we can use that.I don’t want that saving and then display task.

Actually i’m developing one small app ‘PPT Viewer’ which will view the .ppt file in my own app without any third party app. So i think,it is not the good way to first save the images and then view in list view.

I want to display that images on list view without saving.

Hi Pratibha,

I regret to share that the including rendering support in Aspose.Slides for Android is presently unavailable in current year road map and it is linked with building of our new API, Aspose.Slides for C++. Once the new API will be rolled then Aspose.Slides for Android will be redesigned on the basis of that and support for rendering will also be included. At present, Aspose.Slides for Android is going to stay as it is. Therefore, I suggested you to please consider using Aspose.Slides for Cloud for your application. I hope this will be understandable. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
Thank you for your response. I wanted to know approximately the time after which android studio will be able to support this Aspose.Slides library.
Will it be released this year or after that?
Thanking you
Pratibha

Hi Pratibha,

I have discussed with our product team about the road map for Aspose.Slides for Android. Aspose.Slides for Android will likely to get improved in 2017. We will share the updates with you as soon as they will be available.

Many Thanks,
Thanks Mudassir.

Your reply will really helpful for me.

Hi Pratibha,

You are always welcome. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,