How to Convert Slides with Transitions/Animations to HTML Format?

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose java api for converting PPT decks to html format. I am having trouble retaining slide transitions/animations after converting ppt deck to html format. I have attached a link to the demo video of I am trying to achieve after converting ppt deck to html format. Please if someone from Aspose’s team can help me out with this query that would be great as I was not able to find in the java api documentation regarding this issue. Here is the link to the demo video Click here

@vinay.rathod,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for posting the inquiry.
It will take me a while to prepare the information for you. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@vinay.rathod,
Our development team is still working on the features described in your requirements. Far as I can see, these features have already been planned to publish in upcoming releases. I linked this forum thread to the appropriate task with ID SLIDESJAVA-34423 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

@Andrey_Potapov Thanks for replying. Is there a timeline as to when you guys plan to release this feature and available for others to use?

@vinay.rathod,
I’ve requested plans for this issue from our development team. We will let you know as soon as possible.

@vinay.rathod,
Please try to use the following code snippet for your purposes:

var presentation = new Presentation("example.pptx");

var htmlOptions = new Html5Options();
htmlOptions.setAnimateShapes(true);
htmlOptions.setAnimateTransitions(true);

presentation.save("example.html", SaveFormat.Html5, htmlOptions);
presentation.dispose();

If the issue persists, please describe your requirements in more detail here.

@Andrey_Potapov, Thanks for your prompt replies.

What I am looking for is as follows.

• Generate html file from a given ppt file.
  • Embed the html file in our application.
  • After embedding, go through each slide and each indvidual slide transition/animation in html file using javascript as required. If I want to navigate slides in the generated html file, I should be able to do it via javascript code as it will be some user action that will dictate which slide a user wants to see.

For more information, please go through this video (Dropbox - 02313a50-ce5f-4559-a63a-c84e7e824d0d.webm - Simplify your life) to see the requirement or how I want to use the generated html file in my application. Let me know if you can access the video.

Thanks.

@vinay.rathod,

As far as I can see, the solution that was suggested above does not suit you. Could you please describe here (without a new video) in what form should the output HTML be in order for it to be suitable for your project?

What tech stack does your application use?

Hi @Andrey_Potapov

Our requirement is as below

• I want to embed the generated file, whether html or jpgs of a ppt file, into my application and navigate through each slide in a ppt file using user action.
  • I want to list each each individual slide, from the converted powerpoint file, in my application using jpeg files that are generated through your application. Then the user will choose to select which slide he/she wants to work with.
  • there are 2 views in my application, a large view to see the selected slide from above step. The other smaller view where the user can see the list of slides in a ppt file and select 1 out of the list.
  • the larger view will also be used to show each individual slide transition or animation step present in a given slide, using user action like a button in the application. Currently, I am using a tool to generate a html file that lets a user navigate through the animation steps via button click in our html application. A slide should also be able to provide how many animation steps are there in it. We want to show this information to the user. We want similar solution in the generated html file from Aspose that will let me navigate through animation steps via user action, like a click of a button, and also list the number of animation steps in a particular slide. In Aspose’s currently functionality, I don’t know how to get the number of animation steps are present in a given slide. Also if I have to navigate animation steps in html file generated using Aspose api, I have to click on the slide to see each animation step. I want to navigate the animation steps via html button similar to how i can navigate each slide in the html file using button click.

Let me know if there solution for the requirement I am seeking.

@vinay.rathod,
Thank you for the information. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@vinay.rathod,

You can know the animation count on a slide as shown below:

var mainEffectCount = slide.getTimeline().getMainSequence().getCount();
var interactiveSequencesCount = slide.getTimeline().getInteractiveSequences().getCount();

Documents: Shape Animation
API Reference: IAnimationTimeLine Interface

If the HTML conversion above adds the button to perform animations, would that help you?

@Andrey_Potapov

Thanks for the info about the animation steps.

Regarding navigating animation steps using buttons, yes that will help. But ideally we want to use our own buttons and if the conversion process would generate some javascript function/file, that will provide the same functionality as the buttons that you are proposing, and that can be used from our code to navigate the animation steps that will be perfect. Let me know if that is doable.

@vinay.rathod,
I’ve added a ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-38757 to our issue tracking system and described your requirements. Our development team will consider implementing such a feature. We will inform you of any progress.

@Andrey_Potapov

Just to be clear, the ticket that you have added is for adding the button or generating the javascript file? Also timeline for the this ticket that you have created?

Also there was another ticket created, SLIDESJAVA-3442, any update on that?

@vinay.rathod,
I described your requirements to generate the javascript file. Your suggestion for the feature will be considered this week.

I’ve requested plans for this isue from our development team. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@Andrey_Potapov

Thanks for the update. Any timeline you can give me as to when this things will be implemented, if at all, so I can notify my stakeholders here.

@vinay.rathod,
As for the issue SLIDESJAVA-34423, Aspose.Slides for Java will support animations and transitions for HTML5 export in version 22.3. This version will be published in the second half of March.

@Andrey_Potapov
As per your above comment, the changes that we need would have been included in the new version in second half of March. Has the new version been released and are the changes included in them?
Please let me know.

@vinay.rathod,
As far as I can see, the issue SLIDESJAVA-34423 has not been fixed in Aspose.Slides 22.3. I’ve requested information from our development team about the issue for you. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will reply to you as soon as possible.

@vinay.rathod,
We found some issues in HTML export related to animations. Our development team is still working on the issues. Could you please share your presentation example with transitions and animations? You can zip the file and upload the archive here.