How to create a new MapiRecipient without an email address?

I have found that I am unable to create a new MapiRecipient unless I give the method an email address. So the following snippet will throw an error:

MapiRecipientCollection rc = new MapiRecipientCollection();
rc.add("", “Vernon”, 1);

My requirement is that I be able to create a recipient exactly as I found it. In this case my source MSG file has a recipient that has no email address. Basically PR_EMAIL_ADDRESS is not present as a Mapi property.

Is there a way for me to create a MapiRecipient without an email address?

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

Can you please share your source MSG file that you are trying to process for us to analyze the issue better and guide you appropriately.

Attached is the MSG file.
Note the recipient in the recipients collection does not have a full set of mapi properties.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for sharing the sample file. We were able to observe your reported problem now. Currently the MapiRecipient.Add method throws NullArgumentException if email address is null or empty, which is the expected behavior of the API. Therefore, we have logged your request as an enhancement for our product team as EMAILJAVA-34224. We’ll update you once there is further information or an updated version available in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-34224) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.