How to embed excel chart to power point

Thank you so much Irfan…

As we discussed, we got one requirement from our client (JPMC). we need to conclude this today. we need your help…

Aspose site : Given below steps to embedd excel chart to power point chart.

**Link: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesjava/Creating+Excel+Chart+and+Embedding+it+in+Presentation+%28PPTX%29+as+OLE+Object**

Following sequence of steps is required to create and embed an Excel Chart as an OLE Object in the PowerPoint Slide:

1. Create an Excel Chart using Aspose.Cells for Java.
  2. Set the OLE size of the Excel Chart. using Aspose.Cells for Java.
  3. Get the image of the Excel Chart with Aspose.Cells for Java.
  4. Embed the Excel Chart as an OLE Object inside PPTX presentation using Aspose.Slides for Java.
  5. Replace the object changed image with the image obtained in step 3 to cater Object Changed Issue
  6. Write the output presentation to disk in PPTX format

Clarification:

1. Instead of chart Image at step3, Is it possible directly putting excel chart object into power point.
  2. We want to show same excel chart quality in power point embedded excel chart also, and If we right click on this power point excel chart it should open excel sheet with chart data.

we posted one query in this below link. we need your help.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesjava/Creating+Excel+Chart+and+Embedding+it+in+Presentation+%28PPTX%29+as+OLE+Object

thanks.
M.Irfan.

Hi M.Irfan,

I am representing Aspose.Slides and will take you further from here for PowerPoint presentations related queries.

I have observed the clarifications requested by you. Actually, when you add the chart as Ole frame, you are in fact adding chart as control in PowerPoint but by using Ole frame. The purpose of Step 3 is to set the static image for Ole frame. The image of actual chart is taken so as when Ole frame is created and opened in PowerPoint, represents the actual chart image. If step 3 is not taken in consideration, you will end up with a situation as discussed in this documentation link. The image of chart represent the Ole frame in disabled form and when you double click on it in PowerPoint, you will get the Ole frame enabled and will see the actual chart as control. So, adding the image of chart as Ole frame image is actually a strategy to avoid “Object Changed” message image when Ole frame is added. There are certain third party macros available online that you can use and add in your presentation to enable the added Ole frames inside presentation the moment presentation is loaded in PowerPoint. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference and may search over the internet for similar third party macros to enable Ole frames on your end.

One other solution is to create the charts using Aspose.Slides it self instead of using Excel charts. Please visit this documentation section for your convenience. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for reponse, but our high priority item is embedd excel chart to power point chart as OLE object instead of buffered image using aspose.cells or slides java that’s what we are discussing with you today from morning as we need to conclude for our client.

As per our discussion we are sending below link for your refernce for below issue, could you provide the codebase or library mentioned in the thread.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/93988%3C/a%3E.%3C/span%3E%3Cspan%20style=

As chart image quality is not good, that’s the reason clien is expecting Excel chart object to be embed as OLE object in PowerPoint slide(pptx).

thx
Irfan.

Hi Irfan,

I like to share that the quality of getting the chart image is dependent on Aspose.Cells and you have already shared the thread link for this. As far as setting the image of the Ole frame is concerned, I like to share that it set only as long as the Ole frame is in disabled form.

There are two possible solutions in this regard that we have already shared. One is to use some third party macros that will be used in presentation and responsible for setting the Ole frame in enabled mode. When the Ole frame will be enabled, it will display actual chart as control. The same information has been shared by my colleague over this thread link as well. Please observe the link 1 and link 2 for your kind reference and possible solution in this regard.

The second alternate is to use the charts created using Aspose.Slides it self instead of using excel charts and adding them as Ole frames. Please visit this documentation section link for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

As per our discussion over call we are sending below link for your refernce for below issue, could you provide the codebase or library mentioned in the thread.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/93988%3C/a%3E.%3C/span%3E%3Cspan%20style=

As chart image quality is not good, that’s the reason clien is expecting Excel chart object to be embed as OLE object in PowerPoint slide(pptx).

Hi Irfan,

Please download Aspose.Slides for Java 6.9.1 from this link. You may also need Aspose.Cell that you can download from this link. Please share, if you may need any further assistance in this regard.

Many Thanks,

pls get back to us with the other clarifications as requested…

Hi Irfan,

I am sorry I did not get your question. I feel I have shared the possible solutions with you. Can you please point or describe the following point again.

pls get back to us with the other clarifications as requested…

Many Thanks,