How to Export PPTX Document to Responsive HTML with Videos?

Hi,

I wanted to render pptx document in responsive html format. The pptx documents which I am using refers to audio/video which are not embedded but linked and present in the appropriate location in the file system.

For exporting Presentation Into Html file with Video ypou recommend VideoPlayerHtmlController whereas for Responsive HTML you recommend ResponsiveHtmlController.
Finally, only one of these controllers can be set in HtmlOptions as shown below.
htmlOptions.setHtmlFormatter(HtmlFormatter.createCustomFormatter(controller));

Kindly suggest what is the recommended way if I want to get responsive html with videos (video tags) in html output?

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

I have observed your comments. I regret to share that the feature for exporting presentation having video linked to HTML is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for JAVA. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36358 has already been created in our issue tracking system as a new feature request to provide the support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I understand that if the video is linked it is not possible.
However, can you please let me know how I can achieve the same if the video is embedded in the pptx document.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that you can export a presentation with embedded video to HTML with video inside exported HTML. Please visit the documentation article, Exporting Presentation Into HTML file with Video for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to reiterate that I want “Responsive HTML” with Video inside the the exported Responsive HTML.
In other words, I want to use both <span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Courier New”; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);”>VideoPlayerHtmlController as well as <span style=“color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 10pt;”>ResponsiveHtmlController.
<span style=“color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 10pt;”>
Can you please let me now how can I achieve that?

Thanks,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for further elaboration. I have observed your requirements and like to share that at present the requirement of using both VideoPlayerHtmlController as well as ResponsiveHtmlController simultaneously is not possible. I have added an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36361 in our issue tracking system to investigate the possibility of implementing the requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the support will be available.

Many Thanks,
<span style=“color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 10pt;”>

Hi,

Has there been any progress made on this particular requirement? Being able to use both the VideoPlyaerHtmlController and the ResponsiveHtmlController is something that we also need for our application.

Thanks,

Chelsey

@chelynnfoster,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that issue is still unresolved owing to missing support in Aspose.Slides. The issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Slides for .NET. It will be first investigate and resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET first and will then be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java. We will share good news with you soon.

@neergupta,

We have internally observed the requirements. Can you please describe your case where you need HTML export for. Can you please give some real-world examples or just describe the scenario and desirable features? In addition, we would be very grateful if you provides some sample presentations and desired HTML snippets.

PS. This is needed for planing our new big feature - highly customizable HTML export and is not going to be implemented soon.

@neergupta,
Please try using the following code snippet with Aspose.Slides 22.8:

Presentation pres = new Presentation("pres.pptx");
try {
    Html5Options html5Options = new Html5Options();
    html5Options.setAnimateShapes(true);
    html5Options.setAnimateTransitions(true);
    pres.save("pres.html", SaveFormat.Html5, html5Options);
} finally {
    if (pres != null) pres.dispose();
}