How to export round objects from ms word to pdf

Help me out. i want to export round corner objects from ms-word to pdf using aspose. is there any way to that in current versions of some tips n tricks to do that.thanks

Hello Ahsan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I am not sure what do you mean by round objects. Can you please elaborate your requirement.

Beside this, let me share something related to Word2Pdf conversion. You can use Aspose.Words & Aspose.Pdf to convert the word document into Pdf. Also in latest version of Aspose.Words a new feature of direct conversion of Word file into Pdf is introduced. But I am afraid in conversion from Word2Pdf, the shape files are not supported.

Thanks for your reply. i have round corner shape object like (square with round corner) in ms word. when i convert it into pdf using aspose it dose not convert it with round corners. it converts it in regular square box with no round corners. i hope u understand my problem.

plz help me out in this as quickly as possible. thanks.

Hello Ahsan,

I've tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf 3.9.0.0 and Aspose.Words 6.2.0 and the resultant PDF is generated correctly and it contains the round shape square. I've also attached the resultant file, please take a look.

Please try using the component versions that I've mentioned above and in case you face any problem, feel free to share.

Hi

I’m having the same problem with the PDF component. I’m attaching files images: the first is in Word where I have 2 rounded rectangles. The second is the resulting file generated via the Aspose.Pdf component.

As you will see, the corners in the PDF are rounded, but the arcs are not the same as in the original Word file. The arcs are much bigger in the PDF than in the original Word file.

We really like Aspose due to the speed with which it generates the PDF files and would like to replace our existing solution with the PDF component, but this is quite an issue for us: all of our existing forms in Word (about 300) will have to be redone if the rounded rectangles don’t render properly.

Could you please let me know whether there is a way to fix this?

Thanks

DD

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Can you please share the source word document so that we can test the scenario at our end.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I’m attaching the Word document used to generate the file. We use XML format to store the document in our database.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the word document.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.2.1 and Aspose.Words for .NET 8.2.1 and I am unable to notice any problem. The shapes in resultant PDF document are being exported without any problem. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant document. Please take a look.

FYI, In recent versions of Aspose.Words, a new method of saving word documents directly into PDF format is introduced which does not involve Aspose.Pdf to complete the job. I have also tested the conversion with this method and the file is being generated without any problem. For more related information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks. I was using an old version of the Words dll and didn’t know about that option in the newer Dlls.