How to fetch style of Cell string

Hi,

Can we fetch the formatting of Cell Data in HTML format. I tried this but I am able to only retrieve the style setting of Cell not Cell Data. Suppose somebody has put Underline text in Cell Data. Is their some way I can fetch which part of the string is underlined.

Thanks

Ankur Mittal

This feature is not supported yet. Now you can only set difference font for a cell’s data.

Hi

Actually our company is developing a product and this is a key feature required. But fetching the format of string and pasting the html format in cell data. Please let us know are Aspose people are releasing such feature shortly. If yes when are we expected to get that. Otherwise we will be deprived of this feature in our product.

Thanks

Ankur Mittal

Dear Ankur,

We will put your feature request in our work list. Generally I think it will take about 3-4 weeks to provide this feature however we will do our best to make it ASAP.

Hi

Please let us know that putting HTML content in feature in Aspose.Cells has been implemented in your latest release. It has now become a decisive feature for us to purchase this product. Please refer to my points above.

Thanks

Ankur

Dear Ankur,

This feature is not completed yet. We will release a version in the start of next week. It will provide a new method: Cell.GetHTMLString. This method will return a html string which includes cell data and its font settings. Will it serve your need?

Hi Laurence

Thanks for your reply but this is serving half purpose for us and will help in importing excel worksheet. We need to put HTML in the cell during export and we are not getting any approach to implement it so, we need some method that can put HTML in the cell asap then, only this product can be implemented in our product development else it will be very difficult because we are generating reports and they are loosing bullets, ordered lists, font face of the content.

Thanks

Ankur

Dear Ankur,

Do you mean you want to import an html file and convert it to an Excel file? It's much more complex to implement. Could you please post a sample html file to show your need?

Hi Laurence

You have mentioned in your forums that HTML cannot be inserted in Excel Worksheet Cells it can only keep string data. We need the functionality that HTML can be inserted in Cells using Aspose.

Thanks

Ankur