Support for box and whisker chart from calculated data (C# .NET)

Hi Team,

I want to generate box and whisker chart using calculated data(Q1, Median, Q3, Min, Max) instead of row data using Aspose.Slides. Can you please give us sample code for same?

Thanks.

@siriussynoptek,

Can you please share expected result in form of presentation so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hi Team,

I have attached one presentation having two slides. In first slide, I have passed row data and powerpoint internally calculate Min,Q1,Median,Q3 and Max and according to calculated data(min,q1,median,q3,max), box and whisker chart generated. But what i want is that instead of passing row data, i will pass calculated data(min,q1,median,q3,max) and from this data box and whisker chart will be generate. In second slide, i have passed calculated data but powerpoint again find min,q1,median,q3,max from this calculated data and accordingly chart was generated. Due to that first slide and second slide chart is different.

I want is i will pass calculated data to powerpoint, using this data chart will be generate. Is it possible into aspose? How can i achieve this? Please suggest.

BoxAndWhisker.zip (48.1 KB)

@siriussynoptek,

I have observed the sample presentation shared by you. I request you to please visit this documentation link for creating box and whisker chart. If you still find issue then please share the sample project on your end along with generated and desired output.

Hi Team,

I have attached sample application having comment for generating chart from row data as well as calculated data. I have also attached generated result from both of this code by labeling it “From Row Data” and “From Calculated Data”. I want is if i generate chart from calculated data, chart should match with generated from row data. To run sample application, you require to add latest version of Aspose.Slides.
Please suggest.
Aspose.zip (31.2 KB)
BoxAndWhisker.zip (45.8 KB)

@siriussynoptek,

I have observed your requirements and have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-41149 in our issue tracking system to further investigate the requirements. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi Team,

As we have release in next week, Can i have ETA for bug solution.

Thanks.

@siriussynoptek,

I like to inform that we have investigated issue on our end. I like to inform that Power Point doesn’t support this functionality so Aspose.Slides doesn’t support it as well and this feature can’t be implemented because of “Office Open XML” limitations. We can suggest work around to generate such chart. Approach described in this article. Please visit article shared with you for your kind reference.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41149) have been fixed in this update.

Hi Team,

Please share sample code for how to pass Min,Q1,Median,Q3 and Max value to generate Box&Whisker chart using Aspose.Slides.

Thanks.

@siriussynoptek,

As shared earlier, we have internally investigated the requirements shared by you in your very first post.

Actually, Power Point doesn’t support this functionality so Aspose.Slides doesn’t support it as well and this feature can’t be implemented because of “Office Open XML” limitations. We can suggest a work around to generate such chart as approach described in this article.