How to get ISSUE statuses

Hi,

I’m currently a little bit concerned about our idea to use Aspose.Slides for our next project. Although the API as well as product portfolio documentation says what will be possible with Slides I’m now astonished about all those issue tickets created every day in here.

Especially the quality problems when exporting images from slides using GetThumbnail() as well the overall ‘buginness’ of the PPT(X) creation of missing shapes, elements and objects as well is specific functionality which is provided by Powerpoint but not supported by Aspose.Slides is giving us bad headaches.

In nearly all posts which are of interest to us we can read the statement “I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-XXXXX”.
My question is now is there a possibility to see the status of those issues ? I’m asking because several of those tickets have been created back in 2010 and still seem not be fixed with the latest version.

Just some of the issues being of special interest, besides 30 to 40 more.
SLIDESNET-33583
SLIDESJAVA-33525
SLIDESNET-33640
SLIDESNET-33948
SLIDESNET-33821
SLIDESNET-25497

Alternativly can you provide a list of ‘native PPT(X)’ features which are NOT available in Apose.Slides ?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

First of all please accept my sincere aplogies for the inconvenience. I will try my best to address the issues highlighted by you individually.

However, before this I like to add that the issues solution for normal priority forum usually takes longer due to the fact that first priority is given to paid Enterprise support (ES) and then Priority support (PS) customer issues. The issues are investigated and scheduled for resolution first. But for both ES and PS the issues are queued for resolution based on thier complexity. After ES and PS issues, Aspose.Slides or normal forum support issues are considered for resolution. In normal forum support issues the issues are investigated on first come and first serve basis and then resolved on the basis of thier complexity. I shared the mechanism of issue selection and resolution with you so as to give you an idea about how we manage issues on our end.

Now, I will share the status of the shared issues with you.

snwiem:
SLIDESNET-33583

This issue is blockked due to SLIDESNET-13419. The issue is responsible for unification of Aspose.Slides API for PPT and PPTX. At the moment, there are two separate namespaces for PPT and PPTX. This is one of the major changes in Aspose.Slides API and is likely to be resolved by Feb 2013 product release. Since, generating shapes thumbnails is availble for PPT presentations so after unification of API, the feature will also get automatically implemented for PPTX shapes or in next subsequent release.

snwiem:
SLIDESJAVA-33525
I like to share that this issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java and I tested using Aspose.Slides for Java 6.9.0. I have shared the sample code for your kind reference over this link as well. Actually, in SlideCollection of PPT presentation, the slides are not necessarily in order they appear in PowerPoint presentation. For PPT, you need to access the slides by position as shared by me. If there is still an issue then please share your feedback with us in this regard.

snwiem:
SLIDESNET-33640

This issue has been created in Aug 2012 and is related to generated low quality of PDF as comapared to MS Interop. I like to share that we are working continual improvment for rendering of presentations. I have also requsted our development team to share their response in this regard.

snwiem:
SLIDESNET-33948

This issue is related to wrong font name and height returning for the slide notes in PPTX. This issue has been created on January 16, 2013 and has not yet been scheduled for investigation.

snwiem:
SLIDESNET-33821

This issue is a new feature request and is related to adding support for InvertIfNegative option for chart series data rendering. I like to share that this issue has been created in December 2012 and is at high priority for resolution as many other customers are awating this feature support. I have again emphasized our development team for the resolution of the issue.

snwiem:
SLIDESNET-25497

This issue is related to generating thumbnails and PDFs of every animation step in a slide. This is one complex feature request and I like to share that this has been already scheduled for providing the estimations needed for issue by week 04/2013.

snwiem:
This issue is related to missing slide text and background shapes in generated thumbnails.The issue has been resported over this link. I have tested the presentation using Aspose.Slides for Java 6.9.0 and have generated the correct thumbnails which are shared in attached Slides_Fujitsu.zip.

snwiem:
This issue is related to providing support for loading, saving, editing, and 2d-rendering SmartArt objects. I like to share that this issue is already logged as Priority Support issue. Once the before mentioned SLIDESNET-13419 will be resolved. The SmartArt rendering will be implemented in Aspose.Slides for .NET and subsequently ported to Aspose.Slides for Java in very next release. We are hopeful to provide this feature by end of Q1 of 2013.

snwiem:
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the related thread for this issue. Can you please share the relative thread with us so that I may help you better in this regard. But I suggest you to please try using latest availble version of Aspose.Slides on your end as well.

Please also share the other pending issues with us and I will try my best to share the appropirate feedback with you in this regard. Once again, please accept sincere aplogies for your inconveneince.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

thank you very much for this detailed information. Especially having some dates in mind makes the dicussions with stakeholders and management much easier.

To repeat myself. For us the high quality export of certain slides, the best functionality in producing charts in PowerPoint programmatically and a good compatibility of produced powerpoint presentation files with the MS Office versions distributed at client side, are the most important features we want to buy. And we hope Aspose is will be a good partner in achieving very good acceptance with our clients.

So currently if the requirements definition phase is likely do be freezed at end of this month. We will then summarize und aggregate what is required and start a technical trial period with Aspose.

If we are running into problems I will come back to you.

Kind regards
Sebastian

Hello Mudassir,

thank you very much for
this detailed information. Especially having some dates in mind makes
the dicussions with stakeholders and management much easier.

To
repeat myself. For us the high quality export of certain slides, the
best functionality in producing charts in PowerPoint programmatically
and a good compatibility of produced powerpoint presentation files with
the MS Office versions distributed at client side, are the most
important features we want to buy. And we hope Aspose is will be a good
partner in achieving very good acceptance with our clients.

So
currently if the requirements definition phase is likely do be freezed
at end of this month. We will then summarize und aggregate what is
required and start a technical trial period with Aspose.

If we are running into problems I will come back to you.

Kind regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your furhter interest in Aspose.Slides and feedback.

I like to share that we are always continuing to improve the rendering and features in Aspose.Slides. I also like to share that we will be sharing the unified API of Aspose.Slides for dealing with PPT and PPTX. With this feature availble the API performance will certainly get improved. I also like to share that we have enhanced support for creating charts and you can use the chart creation feature using Aspose.Slides. If you need any help in this regard, you are always welcome.

You are always welcome for your queries and please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,