How to get Shape associated with pictured bullets

Hi,

How do I get the Shape object associated with a pictured bullet? Infering from this page:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/numbering-features-supported-on-docx-import/
I feel there should be a method on ListLevel, but there is not.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-11867 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Simon,

Could you please share the detail (use cases) in which you need the Shape object associated with a pictured bullet? The only we can do in MS Word with this Shape is setting new image. So we suppose it will be enough to create a method e.g ListLevel.SetPictureBullet(newImage) to set the image to list.

Tahir,

I am creating a word to html converter. I would like to support picture bullet points. The page
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/numbering-features-supported-on-docx-import/
says:

Picture Bullet Yes Picture bullets are supported, however there is currently no way to set a new picture bullet for a list item.
I don’t need to set a new picture/shape. I just want to be able to render the picture/shape. Having a Shape getLabelShape() method would allow me to do that.

It appears that a method already exists, but it is obfuscated and package scope.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon,

*JavaDev01:

I just want to be able to render the picture/shape. Having a Shape getLabelShape() method would allow me to do that.*

Could you please share some detail about rendering the shape? Do you want to extract the image from the list? Could you please share your code how you are using getLabelShape? We will then provide you more information on this.

Tahir,

I already have lots of code to handle rendering a Shape which is called via visitShapeStart. At the heart of it it uses either shape.getImageData().getImageBytes() or shape.getShapeRenderer().save(PNG) based on the return value of shape.hasImage().

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for sharing the detail. As per my understanding, you want to get the image from List. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Tahir,

Yes, that is correct.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your feedback. I have logged the shared detail in our issue tracking system. Our product team will look into this feature and we will update you via this forum thread once this feature is available.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11867) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.