Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to get started

Randy,

Our company is seeking to dynamically create Powerpoint presentation slides, via information stored in an SQL database, in an ASP.NET framework. I’ve downloaded Version: 2.0.1.0 from the Apose PowerPoint site, but I am unable to get started. Can you assist me on getting started. I would like to try the functionality to see if it meets our company’s needs and to purchase. I don’t want to ask for the purchase blindly without testing how it works.

Can you help me in getting started with the downloaded Version: 2.0.1.0?

Thank you,

Carla

Our company is seeking to dynamically create Powerpoint presentation slides, via information stored in an SQL database, in an ASP.NET framework. I’ve downloaded Version: 2.0.1.0 from the Apose PowerPoint site, but I am unable to get started. Can you assist me on getting started. I would like to try the functionality to see if it meets our company’s needs and to purchase. I don’t want to ask for the purchase blindly without testing how it works.

Can you help me in getting started with the downloaded Version: 2.0.1.0?

Carla:
The Aspose Power Point product comes with some demonstration versions already set up. If you allow Aspose to use your application for demonstration purposes, or purchase the unlimited license, they will help you develop your applications.
Anyway, here is what I recommend. Have someone from your company knowledgeable in ASP.NET - either an employee or a consultant - download the demonstration versions, and study the code. The application techniques are not that diffucult for an experienced ASP.NET developer. Also this forum is a good place to get answers to questions. But if you send me your email and/or phone number offline, we can touch base if you need help, and I can share what I know - time permitting.
Randy

Randy,

correction: carla.brannon@wpafb.af.mil

Randy,

Thanks for the quick response. I have looked at the demo and viewed some of the source code. Before I ask the company to buy the product, I want to see how much of a learning curve it would be to dynamically create presentation slides. I’d appreciate if you could share directly with me your experience with this product (carla.branon@wpafb.af.mil).

Carla:

The other thing I would add is this. We purchased the unlimited license, and the Aspose power point development team helped us develop the application. The need to read information from an SQL database, move it to a Power Point template, and display this template to the user, is exactly what we developed using the Aspose application. This is currently the only way to do it. Microsoft Infopath only focuses on Word and Excel. I have heard the Software Artisans is attempting to make a Power Point application, but they are a few months away. The Aspose product has been out for over a year now, and is quite stable and reliable.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p> Randy</o:p>

When creating an PowerPoint application using Aspose, does the Aspose tool invoke an Active X control?

Carla:
Not that I (nor the developer working with me) are aware of! In fact, I doubt it very much! However, I will defer this question to Alex, the software lead developer for the Power Point product. I believe you will get faster response to technical questions in the future, if you submit them as a seperate topic under the Aspose Power Point forum. Take care!
Randy

Dear Carla,

Aspose.PowerPoint doesn’t use any ActiveX controls or MS PowerPoint.