How to get the dimensions of a text frame in a word document

Hi,

does anyone know how to get the width and height of a text frame(not a shape) in a word document with Aspose.Words ?

We have a lot of old word documents where text frames are used to position images (via mailmerge).

Thanks in advance

Regards

Manfred

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently text frames are not fully supported by Aspose.Words and you can not change height/width of a text frame by using Aspose.Words. A request for this feature has been added. For reference, your request has been linked to this New Feature Request. You will be notified as soon as it is available. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

thanks for your answer. But I don’t want to change the width and height. Let me explain what we want to do. In our application we have mergefields in tablecells, textfields or text frames. We want to search for this mergefields and scale the merged images to the width and height of their containers. For cells and shapes I have got an example from your colleagues. But we have some word documents with text frames as containers. (no we can’t change to textfields). So I have to found a solution similar to cells and shapes.

Any idea?

Thanks

Regards

Manfred

Hi Manfred,
Thanks for your request. As Awais mentioned, currently, there is not API that allows working with text frames in Aspose.Words. We will consider adding such API in future. But you should note that text frames are obsolete and that is why this is not a very popular feature.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

sorry, but the only values I need are the width and height. Any chance to get these values?

Thanks

Best Regards

Manfred

Hi Manfred,
Thank you for additional information I understand that you need only these values. But unfortunately, currently there is no way to get them for frames.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5645) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.2.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.2.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)