How to get Track change or revision of excel into the pdf

@pankaj1983
By using the sample file and the latest version Aspose.Cells for Java v23.10 for testing, we can obtain the correct results. Please refer to the attachment (101.6 KB).

The sample code as follows:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath + "Excel With Multi-User Track Changes Hidden Col.xlsx");
HighlightChangesOptions options = new HighlightChangesOptions(true, true);
workbook.getWorksheets().getRevisionLogs().highlightChanges(options);
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
workbook.save(filePath + "out_java.pdf", saveOptions); 

Please use the latest version Aspose.Cells for Java v23.10 for testing. If you still find issues, please share your testing code and we will check it soon.

This code worked. But in my code I am using this also
pdfSaveOptions.setTextCrossType(TextCrossType.CROSS_KEEP); To fix some bug related to text overflowing or cutting not remembering exactly for which I added.
Could you let me know what this line of code exactly do pdfSaveOptions.setTextCrossType(TextCrossType.CROSS_KEEP); and when to use this as this is causing the revision data column overlapping

@pankaj1983
PdfSaveOptions.setTextCrossType(int value) is used to set displaying text type when the text width is larger than cell width.
TextCrossType.CROSS_KEEP is used to set displaying all the text by crossing other cells and keep text of crossed cells.
For the enumeration type TextCrossType, please refer to the following API description.

@pankaj1983

PdfSaveOptions.TextCrossType is only used for some special cases. e.g. want to keep all the text regradless overlapping issue.
If you want to get the same result as Excel, just keep the value as it’s default value.

If you have cases that text is overflowing or cutting, please raise a new forum/ticket, we will look into it.

We have the requirement to get all the text in the converted pdf even if the text is overflowing or cutting in the cells.

Enum has 4 values and thought CROSS_KEEP should show all the text whereas CROSS_OVERRIDE will override the text in the text cell. So it seems that CROSS_KEEP option revision history is not coming properly that is the issue

@pankaj1983

When you set CROSS_KEEP option, it also works for history changes sheet. It is a expected behavior that text is overlapping to other column.

Please share us more details and screenshtos about your issue.