How to Insert/Copy 3D Models into a PowerPoint Presentation in C#?

It appears there is no way to insert 3D Models to a slide.

Can I copy a 3D Model from another presentation as a workaround?

@bingxie,
Thank you for posting your requirements.

You are right, Aspose.Slides does not support inserting 3D models into presentations yet. I’ve linked this forum thread to the corresponding task with ID SLIDESNET-40844 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides with this feature is published.

You can clone 3D models from one presentation to another using IShapeCollection.AddClone method as shown below:

var shape = presentation1.Slides[0].Shapes[0];
presentation2.Slides[0].Shapes.AddClone(shape);

Documents: Shape Manipulations

Thank you @Andrey_Potapov

@bingxie,
Thank you for using Aspose.Slides.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov

Just wanted to report an issue related to resizing a cloned 3D model shape.

If a 3D model is cloned, the Shape cannot be properly resized in Aspose.Slides. Changing the size of the cloned 3D model shape will be saved in the generated .pptx file. However, as soon as a user interacts with the “resized” 3D model in PowerPoint, for example, use the 3D model perspective handle or change the angle, the 3D model frame will immediately change to the original size that the shape was cloned from.

@bingxie,
Thank you for reporting the issue. I’ve reproduced the problem with resizing a cloned 3D model and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43705 to our issue-tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides with the update is published.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43705) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 24.1 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.