How to install Total License...?

Sorry for posting such a question, but I did search prior to posting. Just received our new Total licanse file for .NET. How do I install it? I have read where there is a license folder per component (e.g., a license folder for Bar Code, another for Cells, Flash, PDFs, Word, etc), but I can’t imagime we’re suppose to copy that file into each and every individual License folder. Hence the question. Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please feel free to ask any time you have any questions.

You can put your Aspose.Total.lic file into one directory and then reference the full path in each of your applications.

For example you can create a common directory and use it to easily set the license in two different DLLs:

Aspose.Words.License wordsLicense = new Aspose.Words.License();<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

wordsLicense.SetLicense(@"C:\Projects\Common\Aspose.Total.lic");

Aspose.Cells.License cellsLicense = new Aspose.Cells.License();

cellsLicense.SetLicense(@"C:\Projects\Common\Aspose.Total.lic");

If you have any further inquries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Hello John,

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. Please visit the following link for required information on Licensing.

In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells team. Please visit the following link for more details on Licensing:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/licensing.html

Please feel to contact us any time if you need further clarifications.

Thank you.

Thanks all for your replies. We’re good now.

Hi,

I god a new license file for Aspose.Total : Can I simply drop a “Aspose.Total.lic” file directly in my bin folder, or I need to copy and rename it for each Aspose libraries I’ll use ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

NF

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your inquiry. You do not need to copy and rename total license file for each Aspose libraries. Anyways, you need to add a couple of lines of code to apply the license for each library.

For example you can create a common directory and use it to easily set the license for two different libraries.

Aspose.Diagram.License diagramLicense = new Aspose.Diagram.License();<o:p></o:p>

diagramLicense.SetLicense(@“C:\Projects\Common\Aspose.Total.lic”);<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Aspose.BarCode.License barcodeLicense = new Aspose.BarCode.License();<o:p></o:p>

barcodeLicense.SetLicense(@“C:\Projects\Common\Aspose.Total.lic”);

Another way, you can include it as an embedded resource. To include the license file as an embedded resource, please visit our documentation page here.

Please let me know in case of further assistance and comments.

Hi Nicolas,

All the products packaged under Aspose.Total for .NET initialize the license in similar manner/follow similar approach. However if you are using more than one product in a particular project, you need to explicitly initialize the license for each product. You may consider visiting the following link for further details on Licensing

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

I would prefer not to have to write code to load the licensee. If I read weel what’s stated in here (http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfnet/Using+File+or+Stream+object), and in the first answer on this current thread, I should only have to rename / copy the Aspose.Total.lic file to Aspose.Pdf.lic, Aspose.Word.lic, Aspose.BareCode.lic, etc. and drop them into my [bin] folder that contains Aspose.*.dll.

Is that right ?

Thanks in advance.
NF

nicolasfortin:
I would prefer not to have to write code to load the licensee. If I read weel what's stated in here (http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfnet/Using+File+or+Stream+object), and in the first answer on this current thread, I should only have to rename / copy the Aspose.Total.lic file to Aspose.Pdf.lic, Aspose.Word.lic, Aspose.BareCode.lic, etc. and drop them into my [bin] folder that contains Aspose.*.dll.

Is that right ?
Hi Nicolas,

You can place the license files in directory containing product binaries, but in your application code, you need to provide the path to license file. The only ease which you get while placing the license file in bin folder is that in license initialization code, you only have to provide the license file name rather than complete path. If you simply place the license file in folder containing product binaries and do not initialize license object, you will get an evaluation watermark in resultant output files.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

What is the way to provide the path to license file please ?

Thanks in advance.
NF

Hi Nicolas,

Please visit the following link for required information on how to provide Licensing file path.