How to read and save the single message from .pst file without reading all messages from inbox folder

I want to read the single message (not eniter) from .pst file. Can anyone please help me?

Hi Sumit,

Thank you for using Aspose.Email.

For retrieving a single message from PST file, you need some sort of index to access that message from the message file which is not available until you parse the file. However, you can limit the results returned by GetContents() method of FolderInfo by applying a search query. I would request you to please visit our online article Search Messages and Folders in a PST by Some Criteria to get more information about this. Please feel free to write to us in case you have any additional query in this regard.

Thank you for reply, sir.

We are using Aspose email API already. I have concern with loading the .pst file initially i. e. in the PersonalStorage class. It is loading the whole .pst file. But suppose my .pst file has larger in size than RAM size then it shows “memory is out of range”. So is there any way to load the .pst file according to my RAM size or loading single emails at a time or is there having such (in built) functionality provided by Aspose, then it will be very useful for me?

Hi Sumit,

Thank you for the feedback.

The size of PST is not having any bounds of loading it using the PersonalStorage class. I have tested this issue at my end with a sample 10 GB PST file and it loads fine. Other than loading the PST file, there is no way to load some of the messages from the PST.

Thank you for reply ,sir

But if my .pst file size is more than 5 GB approximately and RAM size is 3 GB. so in that case it is giving error like “memory out of range” while loading. Then how can i load such a big size .pst file?

Hi Sumit,

Could you please try it on another PC and let us know your feedback? Also, have you confirmed that it opens fine with Outlook? If the PST opens fine in Outlook and you still face issue on some other PC, please provide us the PST for our investigation. We’ll investigate the issue at our end and assist you further.

Sir, you have tested .pst file more than 10 GB under less than 5 GB RAM. so, have you tested the .pst file which contains some emails having more than 15 MB. Is there any issue facing while reading .pst file having emails more than 15 MB or 20 MB?

Hi Sumit,

Please have a look here for comments on this issue.