How to read oldest emails first with IEWSClient?

List messages seems to read the newest messages first rather than the oldest. Is there a mechanism to read the oldest messages first?

@gdefina

I suggest you to please visit this documentation link fo possible options using Aspose.Email to retrieve the messages.

Thank you for your response, but I see no link.
I am able to retrieve messages, however they are in newest first order and I want them in oldest first order. There does not appear to be a mechanism to set the ordering with the Exchange client.

@gdefina

I am sorry for missing the link. Please visit this documentation link for possible filtration options.

Thank you for supplying the link.
Filtering is not the problem. Sorting is.
I can filter the data in the inbox, but I can’t sort it.
So either I retrieve all the records and sort them locally or guess at what might be in the inbox.

EWS view provides a mechanism to define the sort order. This doesn’t appear to be surfaced in the Exchange client. Please let me know if I’m just not seeing it in the documentation.

@gdefina

We need to investigate this on our end and will share the feedback with you as soon as we will finish our investigation.

@gdefina

We have internally assessed your requirements and unfortunately the requested feature is unavailable in API and I have added a ticket with ID EMAILJAVA-34764 as new feature request. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the feature will be available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-34764) have been fixed in this update.