How to migrate from earlier versions of Aspose.Words for Java

We are trying to upgrade Aspose words library, from the link above, there are a lot of WORDSNET-xxxx tickets even for Java version. It’s confusing to me.

Take a specific ticket WORDSNET-11745 as an example, is it also for Java version?

@zwang

Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. In your case, the issue which was logged with WORDSNET prefix, would be auto resolved for Java variant of Aspose.Words.

If you want to upgrade to old version of Aspose.Words, please read API changes from here:
Migrating from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Words

Moreover, the API changes are listed at the end of each release notes of Aspose.Words for Java.

Could you please share to which version of Aspose.Words you want to upgrade and the issue you are facing? We will then provide you more information on it.

Thanks for the explanation. We are using 15.2.0 and trying to upgrade to 15.4 which we think there would be a few behavior change. So, we need to understand what changes made in 15.4.

According to your words, all issues no matter whatever their ticket prefix are, they would be resolved in both .Net and Java versions. Is my understanding correct?

Some tickets, for instance, WORDSNET-11612(Docx to Pdf causes 100% memory usage), it looks like a programming language relevant bug, I am not sure whether the bug exists and was fixed in both language. Can you confirm it?

btw, we are facing 100% memory usage issue in my ticket Memory Leak - 99.83% using Aspose.Words for Java - #4 by tahir.manzoor

Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET.

Were the old versions of Aspose.Words for Java (15.x) generated out from C# code?

@zwang

The issues log with WORDSNET prefix are resolved in both Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java.

This issue was resolved in Aspose.Words for Java and .NET 15.4 version.

You are using old version of Aspose.Words. We suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 20.6. If you still face issue, we need your document and code example to reproduce this issue at our end. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Yes, understanding is correct.

Thanks for your quick response. The behavior change introduced by the newer version cannot be accepted by our customers. That’s why we upgrade to the closest version.

@zwang

Please share your input, problematic and expected output documents along with code example to reproduce this issue at our end. We will then provide you more information about your issue and correct behavior of MS Word and Aspose.Words.