How to Render PowerPoint Animations/Transitions?

Hi,

Is there a way to render the powerpoint transitions/animations in Aspose.Slides for Java? I couldn’t find anything in the product documentation about this, sorry if it’s already been answered. Currently using com.asponse.aspose-slides 20.3 - but could upgrade if a later version supports it.

If it’s not possible to render them, is there a way to detect if a presentation uses animations, so we can at least warn our users about this and have the right expectations.

gojko

@gojko,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present there is no support available in API to render the animation and slide transitions. However, we are working over providing support to export presentation with animations and transitions to HTML and hopefully that will support your requirement. We are expecting to provide that support during Q3 of 2020.

excellent, thanks. please let me know once this becomes available.

Meanwhile, is there a way to detect if the presentation uses animations or slide transitions? I would like to display a warning to manage the expectations of my users in this case.

@gojko,

I have observed your requirement like to share that slide transition and animation effects are defined on individual slide level. You will have to traverse the slides individually to extract the transition and animation effects. The following links will help you further in this regard.

Working with Transitions
Working with Animations

thanks very much!

@gojko,

You are always welcome.

Hi - just following up on this since you mentioned Q3 2020. Was there any progress on rendering animations? I couldn’t find anything looking at API docs myself.

@gojko

I regret to share that at present the requested support is still not available in API. We will share the notification with you as soon as the feature will be available.

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz - I noticed that versions 21.10 and 21.9 now have support for rendering transitions and animations in HTML. Is it possible to render slide animations/transitions as images somehow? I would ideally want to export transitions and animations as a sequence of images directly instead of using HTML export, but I could not find any documentation or code samples for this. Thanks!

@gojko
Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides support for transitions and animations only in exporting to HTML. Sorry for the inconvenience.