How to retrieve form fields in tab order?

When I iterate through the form fields like so;

for (int i = 1; i <= oDoc.Form.Count; i++)
{
var oField = oDoc.Form[i];
}

The fields are returned in the order in which they were created. Is there a way to retrieve them in the tab order if the tab order has been set manually in the pdf?

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share some sample PDF files where the tab order for form fields is different from order in which they are added inside document, so that we can further look into this matter.

Please find attached 3 sample files created with Acrobat Pro that have a tab order that does not match the order returned from the Document.Form object. The fields are returned from the Form object in the order they were created. Text1, Text2, Text3. The tab order is correctly Text3, Text2, Text1 in acrobat for all three files.

Test.pdf - has tab order set to "Unspecified"
Test2.pdf - has tab order set to "Manual"
Test3.pdf - has tab order set to “by Structure”

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing additional information and sample PDF documents. I have noticed that Aspose.Pdf returns form fields in tab order but created. So I have logged an investigation ticket PDFNEWNET-39522 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-39522) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.