Free Support Forum - aspose.com

How to set transperant color to a picture which has been inserted in Aspose cells

Hi,

We have a requirement to set transperant color to a picture(.bmp image) that has been inserted using Aspose cells ie the image which has white background will become transparent and user must be able to see the text in the cells under that image/picture, can you please let me know if this feature is supported in aspose cells.

In microsoft excel (2007) this feature is supported, in that we can set the transperent color to an image, by inserting an image and then click on the picture tools - format tab, go to recolor and set transperent color, this makes the image transperent. Similar feature is avaliable in Excel Automation as well, there we can set the transperent color by setting the following properties

worksheet.Shapes.Item(1).PictureFormat.Transperent

worksheet.Shapes.Item(1).PictureFormat.BackGround

worksheet.Shapes.Item(1).PictureFormat.TransperentColor.

I am not able to get any such property in Aspose cells ,please provide some help for setting the transperent color to the image/picture.

Thanks & regards,

Padmaja

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am afraid your requested feature is not support with Aspose.Cells at the moment. We have added your feature request into our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSNET-17041. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please create your required workbook manually in MS Excel and post it here. We will check your issue soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Attaching the worksheet "Transparent Issue WorkBook" as well the jpeg image which descrides the step by step process which is done in MS Excel to make an image/picture Transparent "Transparent Issue Details.jpeg". Please let me know if you require any more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Padmaja

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details with template file.

We will soon look into the feature and update you about it.

Thank you.

Hi,

please let me know, if there is any progress on this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Padmaja

Hi,

Hi,

We have supported transparent color feature in the attached version. Please try the attached version.

Please consult the following code:

Workbook book = new Workbook();
book.Open(infn);
Worksheet sheet = book.Worksheets[0];
Picture p = sheet.Pictures[0];
CellsColor c = p.FormatPicture.TransperentColor;
Console.WriteLine(c.Color);
c = book.CreateCellsColor();
c.Color = Color.Red;
p.FormatPicture.TransperentColor = c;

Thank you

Thanks, its working, now we are able to set the transparent color to the image with the new version.

Regards,

Padmaja

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-17041) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.