How to use MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions correctly

I used a Word template and inject data into a table in the template.
However the output is not what I expect. The bullet points on the right of the table now show up below the table. I also do not see the data I injected unless in the output file, I click view=>Web Layout. Why is this? If I print it out, I get what I see as in the view=>Print Layout. i.e., the table of data I injected cannot be printed out. Attached is the template and output file.

Based on what I can see from the “Web Layout”, the data did get into the output though.

My code is like this:

Private Sub CreateMMMReport(ByVal pdt As DataTable)
Dim srcDoc As Document = New Document("C:\TemplateMMMReport.doc")
Dim resultDoc As Document = srcDoc.Clone()
resultDoc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(pdt)
resultDoc.Save("C:\output.doc")
End Sub

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Your code is correct and should work fine. But I managed to reproduce your issue and created new issue #5964 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Any progress on issue #5964? Can you provide an estimate when you would make a release that would fix this issue? Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately this issue is still unresolved. Currently I can’t provide you any estimate. Please expect a reply before next hotfix(within 3-4 weeks).
Best regards.

It’s been a few weeks and I want to check with you to see if you fixed the issue #5964? We are waiting for this to be fixed before we will proceed with our project. Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately the issue is still unresolved. I will consult with our developers regarding this issue.
Best regards.

Is anyone working on issue #5964?
We still hope you would fix this issue so we can use Aspose.Words. We cannot use this software for our project until this is fixed.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved.
However, I have found how you can workaround the problem. You should change your template a little. Here are steps:

1. Open your template using Aspose.Words and save on disk.
  2. Open using MS Word (Left column will not be displayed)
  3. Move the cursor to the “Upcoming Events” text (right column)
  4. Select “Columns” from “Format” menu.
  5. You will see that Width of first column is 0, set it to be 484 and save document.
    The document will work fine in this case. If you need I can send you refactored template for testing (if so please provide me your e-mail), or I can attach the document here in the forum, but in this case all users of this forum will be able to download the document.
    Best regards.

OK. Thank you for your suggestion. We will try that.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1798) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.