We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Howto: adding existing shape to group

I cannot find a way to add an existing autoshape to a groupshape..

Using 14.7.0 I can create a group shape groupShape, and create new shapes in it by groupShape.getShapes().addAutoShape(....).
It is also possible to add a clone of an already existing 'normal' shape to the group using the addClone method.

Adding a clone and then removing the original shape is not a solution, since the original shape is connected by connectors to other shapes.

Hi,

I have observed the comments shared by you and like to share that that group shape follows the standard implementation of ShapeCollection. In your requirement you are probably looking for connectors support and connecting shapes together. If this is the case then I like to add here that we are working over connectors layouting on our end and the feature is not yet implemented. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34305 has already been added in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support. We will share the good news with you as soon as the feature will be implemented in Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the swift reply.

I do welcome the completion of the connector support with the connector layouting.

The ShapeCollection does not allow adding existing shapes. I now understand that this is by design. One shape object is always exactly in one ShapeCollection , and only new (or cloned) shapes can be added to a ShapeCollection.

Regards,
Ad van Ommen

Hi Ad van Ommen,

You are very right in your observation regarding inclusion of shapes inside ShapeCollection. We will share the good news with you concerning to connectors layouting as soon as the support will be available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34305) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)