Htm to pdf conversion

Hello, I am using aspose.pdf and have successfully converted an htm file to a pdf, however, the dropdowns are not translating properly. Can you please help?

Hi Rogelio,

Thanks for using our products.

Please share the input HTML and the code snippet which you are using so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
string inputPathFile = "c:/temp/test.htm";
string outputPathFile = "c:/temp/converted.pdf";

HtmlLoadOptions options = new HtmlLoadOptions();
// use the new conversion engine
options.UseNewConversionEngine = true;

// load HTML file
try
{
Document pdfDocument = new Document(inputPathFile, options);
pdfDocument.Save(outputPathFile);

return "";
}
catch
{
return "Error trying to convert htm to pdf.";
}

Hi Rogelio,

Thank you for sharing your source code and document. While testing the scenario with Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.7.0, we have noticed textbox fields rendering issue instead dropdown fields and logged it as PDFNEWNET-36153 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you via this forum thread as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hello Tilal,

Just wondering if you could share any updates/findings to this issue?
Thanks,
Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid as we have recently noticed the issue, it is pending for investigation in the queue with other priority tasks. As soon as it’s investigation completes then we will be in good position to shared the finding/ETA. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Is there any chance you can provide any updates on this issue? Would you know if it will be looked at soon?

Thanks,
Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I
am afraid the earlier reported problem is not yet resolved. Furthermore, please
note that you have reported issue under
normal/free support forum and as a normal rule of practice, issues are
resolved in first come and first serve basis; but the problems logged/reported
under Enterprise or Priority support model, have high precedence in terms of
resolution, as compare to issues under normal/free support model.

Hi Nayyer,

Thank you for your response. I am actually working with a client that has already purchased a license and I am helping them evaluate the aspose.pdf component. I, as the developer, am using an evaluation license.
Thanks,
Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

Thanks for your feedback. As already updated that your reported issue is pending for investigation in queue with other priority issues. However, we have requested our development team to share an ETA at their earliest. As soon as we get a feedback then we will update you accordingly.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Rogelio,

Keeping your urgency in mind, I have raised the priority of earlier reported issue to High and have intimated the development team to investigate and try resolving this problem on High priority. As soon as we have some definite news regarding its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi Nayyer,

Just wondering if you have any progress update?
Thanks,
Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

The development team is working hard on fixing this problem but due to some technical difficulties, I am afraid the problem is not yet resolved. As soon as we have some further updates, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Would you happen to have an eta?

Thanks

Hi Rogelio,

The development team is still investigating this problem and I am afraid currently we are not certain about any timelines by which this issue will be resolved. As stated above, as soon as we have some updates regarding its resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Our humble request is to please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi Rogelio,

The development team has planned to get the issue PDFNEWNET-36153 resolved in the month of February-2014 and as soon as the problem is resolved, we will prepare a hotfix. Please be patient and spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36153) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.9.1.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

RE: The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-36153) have been fixed
in Aspose.Pdf
for .NET 8.9.1

<o:p></o:p>

Hello,
I’ve tried the latest Aspose.Pdf build 8.9.1 fix, unfortunately it has not fixed the dropdown list issue. I have attached the following files in a compressed file, if you can please investigate?

Source.htm
BeforeFix.pdf
AfterFix.pdf

Thanks,
Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

I have reopened the issue PDFNEWNET-36153 and have intimated the development team to further investigate this problem. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Rogelio,

We have further investigated the conversion of Source.htm which you have shared in your earlier post and I am afraid the source HTML does not contain any drop-down field. Can you please double check the file at your end. However we have observed some other issues (i.e. TextField not appearing with correct height, RadioButton, Label and other fields missing).

Concerning to DropDown issue, can you please share the source HTML which can help us in replicating this problem. We are sorry for this inconvenience.