HTML email doesn't retain images in PDF

Hi,

I have an issue while converting .msg file with images to PDF.

If a .msg file with images in the body gets converted to PDF using the attached code. The images from the body gets stripped and the resulting PDF appears without the images.

The images can be handled as attachments separately but it changes the email in terms of its contents. I believe RTF is rich enough to handle images but is nto happening with the API.

Any suggestions hoe this can be resolved.

Regards,
Manish

Hello Manish,

Thank you for inquiry.

I have reproduced this issue with an MSG file containing embedded images and logged it on our bug tracking system (ID: 20769). We will look into it and will get back to you when it gets resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Saqib,

Any updates on this please?

Regards,
Manish

Hi Manish,

In this case, Rtf content of message body does not contain image data. It contains only placeholders for images. The actual images are not saved in the document, but the images are requested from attachments when such MSG file is opened in Outlook. That’s why when the saved bodyRtf is being opened, images are not displayed.

To solve the embedded images problem, the ideal solution will be to do MSG to MHT to PDF. MSG to MHT is not possible in the current version. We are working on supporting other export types in Aspose.Network for Java, but it will take some time.