Detect DIV & Paragraphs with Absolute Positioning during HTML to DOC Conversion using C# .NET | Throw Warning Message

Document_Actual_And_Result.zip (6.5 KB)
Hello Support,
While converting a html file to docx file it does not giving proper result. The inline CSS which is used in html file was not work after converting into docx file. Actual html file and resulted docx file is there in attachment. Please help, its urgent.

@Harsh_Yadav,

Can you please share complete sample code so that we may further investigate to help you out. Also please share which version of Aspose.HTML you are using on your end.

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(FileUrl);
doc.Save(htmlFilePath+".docx", SaveFormat.Docx);

This is the code which we are using to convert html to docx

@Harsh_Yadav,

Can you please confirm which product of Aspose you are using on your end.

@Adnan.Ahmad
I am using a 30 days temporary licence to test this scenario.

@Harsh_Yadav

Can you please confirm if you are using Aspose.Words or Aspose.HTML on your end.

I am using Aspose.total.

@Harsh_Yadav

I have checked sample code shared by you and it seems you are using Aspose.Words to convert file from HTML to DOCX format. I am moving your query to Aspose.Words forum and our colleagues from Aspose.Words team will help you in this regards.

@Harsh_Yadav,

During converting your HTML to DOCX format by using the latest version (20.4) of Aspose.Words for .NET on our end, we have noticed that the text in HTML ‘Tue Jan 21 2020 11:16:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)’ moves to the end of generated DOCX document (after Table).

For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-20286. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Harsh_Yadav,

Regarding WORDSNET-20286, it is to update you that we have completed the work on this issue and concluded to close this issue with “Not a Bug” status. Please see the following analysis details:

Source HTML document contains a DIV with absolute position.

<div style="position: absolute; left: 238.656px; top: 35px; z-index: 1;">
    <span>Tue Jan 21 2020 11:16:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)</span>
</div>

Aspose.Words model doesn’t support Paragraphs with absolute positioning. However, to improve HTML import, we can add a warning message if Paragraph has absolute positioning.