HTML to Excel Conversion using Aspose.cell

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please create new threads for your newer issues. It is difficult for us to manage many issues in a single thread.

This thread has already four tickets and their statuses are as follow

• CELLSJAVA-42332 - Aspose.Cells is not able to convert the HTML file correctly while MS-Excel is able to convert it properly

This issue has already been resolved.

• CELLSJAVA-42363 - HTML to Excel conversion is not good and caused data loss and merged cells errors

We are fixing this issue, we will provide the fix version ASAP.

• CELLSJAVA-42365 - Loading “2.1 CompleteEmail.html” in Workbook object throws NullPointerException

This issue has already been resolved.

• CELLSJAVA-42366 - Saving “2.2 CompleteEmail.html” to Xlsx format generates corrupt file

We are fixing this issue, we will provide the fix version ASAP.

Ok from next time we will create new thread. Please let us know the timeline for the issue that Pankaj has shared with your team.

There are 6 issues reported by Pankaj, so we need you to create 6 threads. For each issue, there should be a separate thread. Please share your email address with me. I will create the threads on your behalf by myself.

Thanks for providing the email and user id, I will start working on it asap.

Please download and try the following fix. It fixes the issues CELLSJAVA-42365 and CELLSJAVA-42366.

Thanks for the update. Can you please let me know the actual reason why theses issue is coming and why ASPOSE are not able to handle those scenario.

Please let us know which particular issue you are asking about so that I log your comment in that issue to get an answer.

I am asking for the issue where we are getting “java.lang.NullPointerException”. I just want the actual reason for this.

NullPointerException or other similar issues occur because of the bugs when importing free html.

Please explain that what is “free html” so I can report this reason.

I have logged your comment to get more information and explanation of free html. But I think, free html means broken html

For example, consider this HTML

<h1>Some heading </h1>

If you copy it to Notepad and then save it with .html extension and open in Web Browser, web browser will render it fine as if it is a proper html, but we know, it does not have html, head, body tags.

Besides, browsers can render html fine which does not have proper opening and closing tags.

Thanks. Waiting for more information and explanation.

Product team said the same thing as shown below

Free html means some irregular html.

I am getting two type of issues while converting the HTML to Excel using the aspose cells 17.8.1 jar file :

1. Data Loss
  2. Data of next column is appearing in previous column if there is no data in previous column.

Please provide the solution of issues as these are pending for a long time and our client’s business is impacted continuously.
Please provide the (35.2 KB)
line for these so that we can commit to our client accordingly.

NOTE : input file, out file and list of issues are attached.

These issues are already logged as CELLSJAVA-42375, CELLSJAVA-42376, CELLSJAVA-42387, CELLSJAVA-42388, CELLSJAVA-42389 and CELLSJAVA-42390.

Please share the update on these issues.
We are waiting for a long time for the solution.
Please provide the timeline so that we can commit to our client to resolve this production issue.

We are afraid, there is no update for you regarding the issues at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database for product team consideration and investigation and requested it to provide some fix or ETA. Once, there is some news for you, we will let you know by posting in this thread.

These issues are complex for us. We cannot support importing such a complex html for now. We will support it later.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42365;CELLSJAVA-42366) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.9.

We are facing the issue to convert the HTML to excel file.
Excel file is not generating and given below error log is generating :
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “*”
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(
at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(
at com.aspose.cells.b.a.zn.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zaur.C(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbxs.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zbxs.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zagm.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zagn.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zagt.o(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zagt.l(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.zagu.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)

Please provide the solution on high priority.

NOTE : input HTML file is attach with (6.1 KB)