HTML to WORD to PDF

Team,

We will appreciate if you answer all the questions as I mentioned in first & previous post.

There are total 5 questions in my first post. You have identified the issue for the question number 4 but how about the rest of the 4. So basically we are waiting for the 7 questions including the 2 which I asked in the previous post. We have a technology decision pending based on your answers. Please answer the all the question keeping Aspose.PDF & Aspose.Word in mind.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–>Note :- We tried the same HTML with Expert PDF & they are rendering it very well.This company is very small as compared to Aspose but I am not sure how they are managing to get the perfect PDF.

Please reply.

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid Aspose.Pdf for .NET is currently encountering an exception during HTML to PDF conversion and once we are able to resolve this problem, then we would be able to render the output in PDF format and can confirm which of the above questions are satisfied with Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Viswanathan.sundaresan@bankofamerica.com:
Can someone answer the following
questions?

What HTML standards / version are supported by Aspose.PDF/Aspose.Words?
What CSS standards/version supported by Aspose.PDF/Aspose.Words

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks for your patience.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET fully supports HTML 4.1 and CSS 2.1. However HTML5 is partially supported i.e. The feature 'Canvas' object of HTML5 is not yet implemented. Our component do support CSS3 standard but the support is still partial.

In case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thanks for answering the above questions.

Do you have any ETA for the rest of 5 Questions ? We have raised these questions on 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM EST & still waiting for your solutions.

Hi Viswanathan,

We have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-7764 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (13.2) which is planned to be released by the end of this month. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Best regards,

Many Thanks Guys.

Does it mean your team has addressed all 5 issues as mentioned in the first post ?
Its very important for us to know this before we start making the changes.Please confirm.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. No, the fix to WORDSNET-7764 will address the problem you mentioned in point 4). Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

How about the question 1,2,3 & 5 . I repeatedly reminded saying please take all questions into consideration while replaying but still its not happening. All the Q’s are very important here in Bank of America for technology decision . Can you please answer all as its pending for long itme.

We have exchanged 21 post so far but still didn’t get the answer for all above Q’s . ( 1,2,3 & 5 ) .

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

As mentioned here, there are no guarantees that the output PDF document will look exactly the same as the input HTML is rendered in web browsers. However, I have logged a couple of issues (WORDSNET-7874, WORDSNET-7875) in our issue tracking system to address some formatting problems (please see the attached screenshot detailing the nature of these problems). Moreover, I would suggest you please visit the following link to learn about the features i.e. supported during loading HTML:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Load+in+the+HTML+%28.HTML%2C+.XHTML%2C+.MHTML%29+Format

Best regards,

Hello,

We have requested you to get the output using any Aspose.Net product. Can you please help us to get the exact output for the attached HTML using any Aspose.Net product.

I have already mentioned this n number of times in the posts. Please study well & answer it. I m not sure how many times I will have to keep repeating the queries again and again.

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf are two different products and both have the ability to convert a HTML document to PDF format. The best output you can get with Aspose.Words is the one you can get using Microsoft Word itself; this is because Aspose.Words was originally designed to work with Word file formats. In case the output produced by Microsoft Word is acceptable for you, you are welcome to go for Aspose.Words option.

On the other hand, since Aspose.Pdf does not has this limitation and theoretically Aspose.Pdf can produce a better PDF output (as it does not has any limitations imposed by Microsoft Word file formats), you may go for Aspose.Pdf component. But, again when it comes to your attached document, unfortunately, Aspose.Pdf is currently throwing an exception. Our development team is currently looking into the details of this problem and once PDFNEWNET-34874 is resolved we will then be able to give it a comparison. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Thank for your response but not fully agreed with your Aspose.Words comments. This is one of the core features you have advertised in Aspose.Words product. Again point 1,2,3 & 5 are not out of the box features and very simple. Just curious to know if anyone looking into this from your end rather than saying we will to have live with whatever is there in the Aspose.Words.

These are very simple issues like background color of the text, font size and font. Please look at the ExpertPDF again. This company is a very small company & doing the job perfectly. Bank has approved Aspose as core product in technology with lot of expectations So please helps us to resolve these technology hurdles. It will help all of us to do a smooth business in the long run.

The new Aspose.Word version was supposed to be release by end of Feb 2013 with reference to our previous discussions. Is it released? You guys have also logged few issues in WORDSNET-7874, WORDSNET-7875. Can we know what issues has been logged in it?

Please answer all the points from this post.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks for the additional information and considering Aspose.Words.

I have informed Aspose.Words’ development team of your concern and we will try to resolve your problems you mentioned in points 1), 2) and 3). To address these problems, I have logged another issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-7890. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Regarding the image problem (5th point), the positioning of image on second page of PDF looks fine to me. Could you please provide more information on this (may be provide screenshots highlighting the undesired behaviour and showing the desired behaviour).

Moreover, Aspose.Words 13.2.0 is not yet released; but, we will release it within next couple of days; sorry for the delay. Also, to identify the problems WORDSNET-7874 and WORDSNET-7875 were logged to provide fixes for, please see the attachment here.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7764) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Latest package looks better. Thx for all your efforts.

Regarding the image problem (5th point), I just noticed image is getting rendered properly but right side of the image is going out of the coordinates. Please find the attached ( page number 3 ) for your reference.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

How to link/embed the attachment from PDF files. I tried the following code block but don’t see attachment in the pdf. Do we need to set any properties to get this done Or Am I missing anything? Can you give a try from your end & let me know the output.

//open document

Document pdfDocument = new Document("input.pdf");

//setup new file to be added as attachment

FileSpecification fileSpecification = new FileSpecification("test.txt", "Sample text file");

//add attachment to document's attachment collection

pdfDocument.EmbeddedFiles.Add(fileSpecification);

//save new output

pdfDocument.Save("output.pdf");

Please answer all the queries from this post as we are waiting for WORDSNET-7890

Hi Viswanthan,

Thanks for your inquiry. As per my understanding your current reported issue is different from the above chain. So I’ve created a new post here regarding last issue and replied accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7890) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7875) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7874) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-34874) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.2.