HTML (with image) to PDF Conversion

I’m having a problem while creating a PDF from HTML(with image). Image in output PDF file is missing. I’m using Aspose.Net for PDF. I have tried Aspose.pdf & Aspose.Pdf.Generator.

Scenario:
1) created a html by saving email as html.(Attached zip file is a sample).
2) Copy files to c:\temp
3) Run conversion application(HTML to PDF) from any folder other than C:\temp, images will be missing from output PDF.

I have basepath(HTMLOptions) , image URL locations to specific location on drive, still no use.
Can you tell us if there is any other way to get image?

Hi Srinivas,

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37971. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Has this issue “<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>PDFNEWNET-37971” been fixed. We have not got an update on this so can someone please follow up on this and let us know if it is fixed and in which version.

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your patience.

The problem reported earlier is not yet resolved. However I have intimated the product team share the possible timelines by which it can be resolved. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Any idea how long before I hear from developer on a date for the fix? This issue was opened last year in December. Just wanted to get an approximate date so I know if I need to figure out a backup.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for contacting support.

Your concerns have been shared with product team and I have asked them to try accommodating its resolution in their schedule. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

Any update on this item please? Have not heard from development team in over a month.

Hi Samantha,

The team is still working on fixing the problem and I have again sent an intimation to share latest progress. As soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi,

Any update on issue PDFNEWNET-37971?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37971) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
I am trying to validate that the fix works but I am getting the below message. Before renewing anything can I get a temporary license to make sure it works.

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 09 Jan 2016, but this version of the product was released on 19 Jan 2016. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes you can request a 30 days temporary license and verify the issue resolution before renewal of your subscription.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

I’m still able to reproduce the issue with Pdf 11.2.0.0 version. Please reopen the issue.

We tried with the new release and the issue is not fixed. We have not renewed the subscription since it does not makes sense for us till this issue is resolved.

Can you let us know what this issue will be looked at and fixed?

srinivas.namuduri:
I’m still able to reproduce the issue with Pdf 11.2.0.0 version. Please reopen the issue.

Hi Srinivas,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please use new DOM approach for HTML to PDF conversion. In Html to PDF conversion, to reference external resources(Images/CSS/Fonts) we need to pass resource path as parameter to HtmlLoadOptions(). Please find sample code snippet for the conversion, it will help you to resolve the issue.

Document doc = new Document(@“E:\Temp\test Mail.htm”, new HtmlLoadOptions(@"E:\Temp"));<o:p></o:p>

doc.Save(@“E:\data\test Mail.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

<o:p>
</o:p>

<o:p> Best Regards,</o:p>

<o:p>
</o:p>

Hi Samantha,

jbsoft2015:
We tried with the new release and the issue is not fixed. We have not renewed the subscription since it does not makes sense for us till this issue is resolved.

Can you let us know what this issue will be looked at and fixed?

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please use sample code share in above post, it will resolve the issue. However if the issue persist then please share your environment details and sample console project, so we will look into the issue and we will guide you accordingly.

Best Regard,

Hi,

After modifying my code as given above, I am seeing images in PDF file.
Thank you for your help.
Issue is resolved.

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our API’s and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your patience.

A new release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.2.0 is published and as per our observations, the problem is found resolved in this release. Please try using the latest release and in case you still face any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

For your reference, I have also attached the output generated over my end. Please take a look.