Huge memory leak in 20.10

Hi,

I’m testing with Aspose.PDF for C++ 20.10 without license.
Memory leak was found when I tried:

1. Convert PDF to Word
  2. Save PDF to images
  3. Even if I Create a blank pdf many times.

This a simple demo:pdfTest.50.cpp.zip (1.9 KB)

@kngstr

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFCPP-1447 in our issue tracking system for further analysis. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of ticket investigation. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

A month has passed. Any news?
Thanks.

@kngstr

We regret to share that earlier logged issue is not yet resolved. We will certainly investigate and fix it on first come first serve basis and let you know as soon as some progress is made towards ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

Thanks. But big problem should not be fixed first?

@asad.ali

Found 20.11 was released.
Tested with 20.11, the memory leak was fixed.
At last of my test the memory stoped at 224mb which is much better than 20.10.
Thanks.

Test results for 50 times create and save
20.11.png (7.0 KB)
20.10.jpg (11.7 KB)

@kngstr

Thanks for your feedback.

It is nice to hear that you were managed to get better results with new version of the API. Please note that we improve performance in every monthly release of the API and try to fix every logged issue. However, resolution time of the issue may vary due to different factors i.e. Support Model, nature and complexity of the issue.

Nevertheless, we will keep investigating the earlier logged ticket and let you know once it is completely fixed.

@asad.ali

OK. Thanks.
But we just need stable version.
Can you maintain a stable branch?

@asad.ali

I tested converting to doc, ppt, xls.
To ppt or xls, the memory leak still exist.

@kngstr

Sure, we will work over the API stability as well and let you know as soon as the ticket is resolved.

Could you please share sample code snippet with sample files and some screenshots showing the memory leak. We will surely test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

@asad.ali

Thanks.
I tested 50 files, and the memory keep 500mb+ when converting to ppt or xls complete.

You can use the file for testing.
Every time try to convert, the memroy usage will increase.

Sample code:

System::SharedPtr<Aspose::Pdf::Document> pdfDocument = System::MakeObject<Aspose::Pdf::Document>(u"input.pdf");
    pdfDocument->Save(u"document.xlsx", Aspose::Pdf::SaveFormat::Excel);

@kngstr

We have logged another ticket as PDFCPP-1476 in our issue tracking system for investigation on this scenario. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.