Huge size after conversion to PDF X1A

Hi Aspose,

My hospital is working on a project about printing postal mails.

The provider we choose to print our postal mails claims that our PDF must be converted into PDF X1A.

So, we purchased our Aspose.PDF.NET key to do this.

But we have some troubles with the X1A conversion.

Concretely:

For example, converting a PDF without standard with a size of 340 ko produces a PDF X1A with a size of 30.8 Mo.

Size is multiplied by 90! Storage and exchange with the provider are difficult with a such size!

I tried to optimize the X1A result PDF with the method: Document.OptimizeResources(Aspose.Pdf.Optimization.OptimizationOptions.All)

And finally it produces a PDF X1A with a size of 8.3Mo. Size is now multiplied by 25. It’s better but i’m wondering:

1. Is it possible to do better ? With a size multiplied by 4 or 5? Or X1A standard implies a such size?

2. Is there a risk that OptimizeResources method produces a PDF with a low quality (Missing or fuzzy pictures/fonts) ? We can’t check every PDF before printing and sending.

Thank you for helping us.

@CLBfr

Could you please ZIP and attach your input PDF file along with simplified code example that you are using to reproduce the same issue at our end? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

PDF_files.7z (239.7 KB)

Thank you for your answer.

I built a zip file in attachment. It contains the PDF file and a code example showing how we’re using the X1A Standard.

@CLBfr

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-51049. You will be informed via this forum thread once there is an update available on this issue.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I’m waiting your update about this isssue.

Can we use the Document.OptimizeResources method to reduce size of PDF X1A without loss of quality or loss of features ?

@CLBfr

Yes, you can use this method to reduce size of PDF X1A without loss of quality or loss of features. This method does followings:

1. Resources which are not used on the document pages are removed.
  2. Equal resources are joined into one object.
  3. Unused objects are deleted.

Ok, thank you.

When it will be possible to have an answer about the issue?

@CLBfr

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.