Hyperlink always adds excel filename to address

I am using version 3.8.1.0 and when I specify a filename for address in a hyperlink, "c:\mydoc.tif", when I try to use it Excel says "invalid reference"...

After looking at the address that is referenced, it has the following address:

file:///c:\myexcel.xls - c:\mydoc.tif

Aspose insists on adding the prefix information and Excel will not accept this as a valid reference...

Thanks for your help...

Hi,

Well, Since you are using some older version which might have this issue I am not sure though. So, I 'm afraid you have to upgrade to the newer Aspose.Cells.

I tested your scenario using the latest version 4.4.3. http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.cells/entry121851.aspx and it works fine.

Sample code:

// Create a Workbook object
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
// Obtain the reference of the first sheet
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
// Add a hyperlink to A1 Cell.
int index = worksheet.Hyperlinks.Add("A1",1,1,@"C:\myfile.doc");
// Create a Hyperlink object to fetch the existing hyperlink
Hyperlink hlink = worksheet.Hyperlinks[index];
// Set the label to display
hlink.TextToDisplay = "Link";
// Save the Excel file
workbook.Save(@"d:\test\linktest.xls");

Notes:

The latest Aspose.Cells component is more reliable, stable and prosperous with enhanced and advanced functionality. I think there is not much labor involved upgrading to the newer Aspose.Cells. However, when you upgrade to the newer Aspose.Cells. Some APIs (classes, struct, enumerations) are added based on some advanced features that we now offer, the previous classes (with their members) are retained and optimised but a few classes are renamed, some additional members (properties, methods etc.) are also included of the classes with a very few excluded.

Following is the very few classes list which are renamed:

1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.

2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.

3. ExcelHelper class is replaced by CellsHelper class.

For more info, please check the Aspose.Cells Documentation with APIs: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/index.html

Thank you.

Thanks for the Info...

I am a contractor at this location and will forward this to my client...