Hyperlink causes 'security notice' in Powerpoint 2010

Hi,

The code below produces a single text frame with a hyperlink in it. In PowerPoint 2000 it opens without error; in PowerPoint 2010 it open it in protected (sandbox) mode but with a warning that reads:

“PowerPoint has detected a problem with this file. Opening it may be dangerous. You should not open this file unless you trust it.”

I’m using Aspose Slides 2.4.0.

import com.aspose.slides.*;

import java.io.;

class Hyperlink {

public static void main(String[] args) {

try {

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

FileInputStream fistream = new FileInputStream(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

License license = new License();

license.setLicense(fistream);

fistream.close();

Slide slide = pres.addEmptySlide();

Rectangle rect = slide.getShapes().addRectangle(2400,1800,1000,500);

TextFrame frame = rect.addTextFrame(“Hello world”);

frame.getParagraphs().clear();

Paragraph paragraph = new Paragraph();

Portion portion = new Portion();

portion.setText(“link”);

paragraph.getPortions().add(portion);

frame.getParagraphs().add(paragraph);

Link link = frame.getLinks().addLink();

link.setExternalHyperlink(“http://www.google.com”);

link.setBegin(0);

link.setEnd(4);

pres.getSlides().removeAt(0);

FileOutputStream fostream = new FileOutputStream(“test_hyperlink.ppt”);

pres.write(fostream);

fostream.close();

}

catch (Exception e) { System.out.println(“An error occurred”); }

}

}

Dear Steve,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to receive the security warning as specified by you in the presentation generated using Aspose.Slides for Java. An issue with ID 22017 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Has there been any progress on this issue? It’s causing us problems in production.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have discussed the issue with our development team and feel sorry to share that the source of the issue is unidentified till yet. As soon as source will be identified the issue will be resolved accordingly. The issue is that PowerPoint does not provide any useful information in the warning message shared and PowerPoint 2010 shows similar warnings not only for files created by Aspose.Slides but also also for absolutely normal presentations created in previous versions of PowerPoint. We continue investigation and I hope to find and resolve the issue soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Still no word on this?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have discussed the issue with our development team and like to share that the mentioned issue has been scheduled for investigation in next week. Based on the initial investigation, we will be able to share the ETA of the issue with you. I really appreciate your patience so far and hope to share some good news with you soon.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

Hi Mudassir,

Still nothing on this? I’m starting to feel a bit silly when I keep telling people ‘soon’. More of our clients are upgrading to Powerpoint 2010 now. I understand if there are other higher priority things for your development team, but if they’re not going to work on it I’ll have to spend some time figuring out a workaround.

Steve

Hi Simon,

I am sorry for your inconvenience.

I have discussed with our development team and like to share that the issue specified has been resolved and its fix will be shared in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.5.0 which will be released during first week of May.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 22017) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.